- Will work in the Operations division configuring Digital TV Broadcast equipment.
- Specialised TV Broadcasting knowledge is required
- Must have experience internationally
- Conversion from analog broadcasting television to Nationwide Digital TV signal distribution
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and repair of Digital TV Broadcast headend equipment, Hub sites, and network facilities. Provide Technical product support to customers and partners in South Africa and Africa on Digital TV Broadcast Systems for Satellite, Cable, Terrestrial, and IPTV systems
- IT specialist background –VLAN, VPN’s, Switches, Routers, Multicast, Unicast (Talk IT)
- Installation, operation, and repair of all equipment associated with the headend and signal distribution network.
- Conducts headend performance tests, FCC performance tests, EAS maintenance, and testing. Maintains meticulous records and documentation of all aspects of the head end.
- Remote Login to Customer sites
- Be able to work extended working hours, often after 22H00 till 06H00 the next morning when the network provider allows maintenance on systems
- Work outside the borders of South Africa once or twice a year for two to three weeks at a time
- Fault finding and configuration
- Problem-solving with suppliers support and R&D team
- On-Site support, fault finding
- Fault and progress escalation to OEM manufacturers
- Feedback to Customers
- Familiarity with Digital Broadcast and an understanding of digital terrestrial television, digital modulation, and signal processing.
- Excellent knowledge in IT, IP Switch Configuration, Networking, Windows Server configuration, SQL Data Base, IP Multicast/Unicast.
- Familiar with (O/S, hardware, firmware, software, WAN, Metro and LAN, Internet, Cisco switcher/router configuration, TCP/IP); Routing (RIP, EIGRP, BGP); LAN (Ethernet, fiber & copper wiring standards, 802.1d spanning-tree, VTP, 802.1q) WAN (T1, T3, OC-x, GIG E, ATM, MPLS, Quality of Service); Network Analyzers (OSI model, decode packets, understand/troubleshoot production problems); Network Management (SNMP, Unix/NT scripting, Firewall/Security, VPN technologies).
- Minimum Microsoft qualification MCSE
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in IT support
- 5+ years - Experience in broadcasting technology.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- High-level knowledge of MPEG2/4 Encoding and Multiplexing Products.
- High-Level knowledge of DVB specifications and standards.
- Minimum two years of extensive experience with personal computers, local area networks, DOS, Windows (95, 98, 2000 or NT), and SQL database knowledge required.
- Experience should include both software and hardware.
- Network experience essential
Dante Personnel - JHB Branch
Apply via our website www.------
If you do not hear from us within 5 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.