Minimum requirements for the role:
- Tertiary Qualification, ideally a Degree or BTech. in Biotechnology or Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related is essential.
- Previous experience having worked in the Household Care or Industrial Institute industry formulation is essential.
- Previous SAP experience is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate in Portuguese would be advantageous.
- Must be customer-orientated with good technical understanding.
- Must be willing to travel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to customers on formulation development in household care as well as advising how best to include solutions offered by the company.
- Liaising with the Account Manager and Business Development Manager to drive opportunities and sales.
- Supporting plant trials or application trials with customers.
- Providing technical support to regarding in-use application of company solutions in industrial cleaning.
- Planning and reporting laboratory studies as part of project plans.
- Providing on-site customer training when required.
- Presenting results of trials to customers.
- Providing guidance and information to the Laboratory Technicians to secure efficient and prioritised solving of tasks.
- Establishing and maintaining a network of selected universities.
- Developing new, Industrial and Institutional business as well as maintaining and growing existing business for the HHC consumer business.
- Liaising closely with the Account team to drive sales via opportunity management processing.
- Identifying, capturing and monitoring new opportunities and business threats.
- Creating account and activity plans for customers.
- Maintaining a healthy pipeline and give input into sales figures.
- Presenting sales pitches and commercial cases to customers.
- Ensuring the demand plan is updated as well as liaising with the Supply Chain team to ensure replenishment is completed.
- Liaising with Customer Service Management team to ensure customers are assisted to the highest standard.
Salary package, including benefits, is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.