Our client based in Johannesburg is seeking a Jnr Server Engineer¬†to join a well-established Company.
The candidate must have the below skills:
- Incident Support / Reactive Support
- Proactive Maintenance and Administration
- Continuous Improvements Objectives
- Perform preventative, adaptive and perfective maintenance to ensure the optimal functioning of the Microsoft Active Directory platform layer.
- Manage and execute all service requests (installing, moving and decommissioning).
- Manage and resolve all incidents and problems.
- Execute all the changes in accordance with the Department‚??s change management processes.
- Perform all functions pertaining to IT Service Availability Management.
- Perform all fnctions pertaining to IT service Capacity Management.
- Perform all functions pertaining to IT service Performance Management.
- Perform all functions pertaining to IT service Continuity Management.
- Perform all functions pertaining to the management of security of the Microsoft
- Active Directory platform layer (e.g. authentication).
- Perform all required backups of the Microsoft Active Directory platform layer.
- Ensure that the Microsoft Active Directory platform layer and its configuration information is accurately captured on the CMDB, throughout its lifecycle.
Perform all functions pertaining to the management of third party suppliers (vendor management).
- Ensure that the Microsoft Active Directory platform layer is fully updated in the approved standard image stack.
- Ensure that all the Microsoft Active Directory platform layer software is one version behind the latest version of the OEM (n-1), with the latest version (n) being preferred, except in instances where the Department elects to remain with an older version of the software due to known constraints.
- Produce the necessary reports (e.g. trend analysis, service performance) for service improvement and management reporting purposes.
- Ensure that the Microsoft Active Directory platform tool sets provided by the.
- Department meet the service requirements by recommending improvements in the toolset configuration to the Department.
- Maintain as-built documents per server. Documents include relevant OS and all application installation information.
- Active Directory User Profile (EG AD Account, Blackberry, VPN, Mailbox etc.)¬† and computer account management.
Qualification Essential Competency:
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Microsoft Azure
Qualification preferred education and experience:
- Sound knowledge of systems monitoring platforms and service management solutions.
- Minimum 5-7 years‚?? experience in an IT operational environment.
- Attend to incident/requests in CA Service Desk.
- Will be reporting to ManageOperate Team Leader
- Temperature controlled open plan office with each engineer having their own desk.
- Remote support behind a laptop
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.