One of our top retail clients is seeking a Key Account Manager to join their team!
- Category: Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene
- Maximise income opportunities across the company’s supplier base in front shop merchandise and deliver sustainable income growth through negotiation, innovation and stakeholder engagement to support the overall profitability of the company.
Purpose and Objectives
- Manage contractual trading term agreements to ensure best possible mix of financial benefit and legal risk mitigation across all suppliers.
- Negotiate the agreements with Suppliers as agreed and instructed, and ensure these agreements are updated, signed and filed through the Key Accounts Administration team.
- Reconcile and accurately report on monthly income derived from all contractual terms and advertising investment by suppliers and provide insights on performance against budgets.
- Analyse the sales and total profitability performance of the key suppliers as well as provide insights on possible corrective action in line with the supplier strategy.
- Manage, prepare and present the supplier review pack in preparation for the supplier review as per the agreed annual supplier meeting calendar.
- Manage and develop the various income streams by identifying trends as well as recommending and implementing improvements to support the delivery of sustainable growth.
- Manage the annual negotiation process across all suppliers by translating the financial budgets and COP into supplier and category specific negotiating objectives.
- Manage and lead the in-store and advertising space from negotiation to execution as well as the relevant billing by driving and ensuring compliance and reduce reversals.
- Relationship building and collaborating across internal and external stakeholders.
- Play a key role as a subject matter expert on supplier negotiations of other income by providing training and continued support to the merchandise teams.
- Understanding and providing input in supplier contractual agreements (Legal department reviews and prepare contracts)
- Measuring Compliance to contractual agreements (Advanced)
- Financial acumen (Proficient)
- South African retail landscape (Proficient)
- Management of retail contractual income and advertising income (Advanced)
- Consumer Protection Act (Basic)
- BBBEE (Basic)
- Revising and interpreting contracts, ability to spot and highlight areas of risk in contracts (Advanced)
- Negotiation (Advanced)
- Analysing data, ability to spot trends, provide insights and convert insights into action (Advanced)
- Report writing (Proficient)
- Write, create and deliver persuasive presentations (Proficient)
- Influence others (Proficient)
- Effective conflict management (Advanced)
- Ability to train and coach others effectively
- Supplier Negotiation (4-6 years)
- Delivering towards challenging targets (3-5 years)
- Managing budgets (3-5 years)
- Financial reporting (3-5 years)
- Coaching and training (1 Year)
- Analyses of data and trends and presenting insights (min 2 years)
- Translating insights into action (min 2 years
- Buying/Sourcing experience (3-5 years)
- Improvement of processes and systems (1-2 years)
- Commercial diploma or degree with legal subjects
- Legal qualification
- Creating and innovation
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Adhering to principle and values
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning and Organising
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking