This is an exciting leadership role within the Partner Integration function which forms part of the Shared Value Division of the Retail Solutions unit of Liberty''''''''s Retail South Africa business. The role will focus on identifying and integrating various partners into Liberty''''''''s business model as a means to deliver innovative solutions to identified and prioritised customer and adviser needs. Whilst what partners may be able to bring to enhance the value chain could be rooted in technology, this is a business (rather than IT orientated) role. You will be responsible for providing advice and support in practice formulation and associated best practice improvement tactics; enabling the provision of partner integration specialist expertise. Lead by example and be a force of change in relation to "new ways of work" - design thinking, user experience focussed, collaborative, agile, visual, test and learn, and etc. both internally and with respect to partner interactions.
- The main responsibility in this role is to contribute to Retail Solutions and Group thought leadership, and use R&D work in other divisions, to identify and engage in, and act as a source of information on key strategic trends as well as customer and adviser problems that are surfacing.
- Leverage various networks available to identify potential strategic partners and their key capabilities that map into identified trends and customer and adviser needs.
- Build and run frameworks to prioritise, develop and manage relationships, and report so that Liberty builds and understands its pipeline of potential partners.
- Work and collaborate closely with senior management and functions across the Group (e.g. distribution, IT, Operations, Group Legal, Group Procurement, Finance and Actuarial, Group Risk, other members of Retail Solutions, etc.) to ensure a cohesive, strategy approach in terms of partner identification, selection, and management.
- Run solution design processes and workshops to accelerate solution conceptualisation and development. Develop and see the business case and project plan of integration of selected partners through to approval and implementation.
- Ensure that where partners are integrated, internal operations, reporting, governance etc are appropriately set-up and run.
- Identify opportunities to better optimise and create value from existing relationships and partnerships that may be being overlooked as an opportunity.
- We are ideally looking for a Qualified Actuary, however, we will consider candidates with experience in a similar profession or business (with at least an Honours Level Qualification being an advantage) and who meet the experience and knowledge requirements for this role.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience, some of which should be insurance partnership management, and/or in a management consulting context.
- Experience in working on a Rewards & Wellness Programme will be a huge advantage in this role.
- Good understanding of global trends affecting the insurance industry.
- Ability to provide functional leadership and management across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and pull together and synthesize information from various sources.
- Good domain knowledge of life insurance solutions, processes, finance and governance.
- Knowledge of Insurance products and services.
- Relationship management and networking skills.