TB HIV Care, in existence since 1929, is an internationally recognised non- profit organization. We provide health care services throughout South Africa to both the general population and communities at increased risk for HIV and TB, including adolescent girls and young women, sex workers and people who use drugs. TB HIV Care provides a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of HIV and TB prevention and care. Our work culture is adapted to the constantly-evolving South African health care environment and will suit solution-driven team players interested in opportunities for career development while working to connect people with care.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist reports to the M&E Manager (GF TB) and leads all M&E activities within a district, i.e. data quality, data usage, data analysis and reporting. The M&E Specialist will oversee the development and rollout of effective M&E processes, tools and systems for the supported district. The M&E Specialist will provide technical assistance through mentorship, training and support to the supported district and sub-district Department of Health M&E teams and THC team with the aim to strengthen local capacity in the provision of sustainable TB related care and treatment. Participation in all district and sub-district Department of Health M&E and data discussions and activities and provide ongoing technical support e.g. nerve center meeting, 90-90- 90 / District Implementation Plan (DIP) meetings, monthly and quarterly review meetings. To support both the Department of Health (DoH) and THC programme staff in the district and sub-district with interpreting data and use of information for management.
Degree in Public Health Sciences or Social Science or Statistics and or Health Information Sciences or related field
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the HIV/AIDS, TB and STI programme data as well as information management background
A minimum of 3 years operational experience in District Health Information System (DHIS) and TIER.net
Ability to communicate in English and isiZulu A valid driver’s license
Proficiency in Microsoft packages
Key Performance Areas
M&E System and Process Development
- Develop M&E tools, SOPs and systems for specific programme areas (in accordance with the M&E and Data Management Framework as well as Global Fund and NDOH requirements.
- Ensure and monitor compliance to M&E and Data Management plans, frameworks, SOPs as well as data management processes
- Work with Programme Management and Clinical staff to develop site or programme specific M&E strengthening plans.
- Support the development and implementation of electronic database management systems. Data Verification and Routine Data Quality Assessments
- Systematically assess the M&E systems of health facilities and recommend improvements and monitor the implementation of the recommendations
- Monitor and track changes in data quality across time and sites
- Compile reports on site visits and develop data quality improvement plans
- Monitor compliance to data quality improvement plan Human Resources and Capacity Building
- Supervise and Data Capturers placed at DoH facilities.
- Routinely assess the capacity of M&E staff being supervised and implement capacity building activities
- Build capacity of Health District Managers and PHC Operational Managers and supervisors
- Ensure that Programme and M&E staff are capacitated to adhere to M&E and data management requirements
Data Review and Usage
- Promotes data usage for continuous quality improvement through feedback, training and capacity building activities at both health facility and community levels through regular monthly and quarterly data review meetings to develop staff capacity to enable them to analyze and interpret generated data on overall program quality and to facilitate evidence based decision making.
- Analyze Tier.net, DHIS and other sources of data to report accurately on linkage to care
- Support the development of slides and reports on district performance
- Support evaluation activities Reporting
- Reports on progress and achievements timeously at programme level, by compiling accurate reports for funders and stakeholders, this includes weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports as well as ad-hoc reports
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
Previous exposure within a NGO/NPO environment
Mentorship and capacity building skills
Knowledge of cancer would be advantageous
Good knowledge of health programme data and information management Strong Microsoft Office proficiency
Good understanding of data management systems
Attention to detail, good time management and monitoring skills
Closing date: 11 October 2019
165-062 NPO PBO -----/122776/08
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.