- Grade 12
- Relevant Trade Test Qualification
- N4 or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Machinery
- Good understanding of factory utility layout
- Knowledge of OSHACT
- Knowledge of shutdown maintenance
- Knowledge of electrical distribution and control
- Understanding of PLC's, VSD's, robots and electronics
- Understanding maintenance best practices
- Ability to read electrical drawings and diagrams
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Maintenance Electrician in a manufacturing environment
- 1 years experience overseeing contractors and vendors
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Responsible for planned and breakdown maintenance of electrical and /or mechanical machinery and equipment by responding timeously to breakdown requests to ensure production runs optimally and efficiently to meet targets.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all machinery and equipment during shift by ensuring all contractors and employees adhere to all legislation, site safety procedures, and SANS code of electrical standards when working on live electrical machinery and equipment as to safe guard the business from possible risk.
- To assist production personnel in alleviating product defects caused by machine and equipment related problems to minimise production losses, reduce quality defects in order to meet customer quality standards.
- Ensure effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support effective decision making for the business.
- Responsible for overseeing all contractors and vendors while on site by monitoring and inspecting completion of work in line with engineering requests while ensuring work is carried out according set standards and safety procedures
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.