- Grade 12 / Matric
- Completed Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable University
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years similar practical experience in a plant or manufacturing environment
- Proactive and methodical with a hands-on and technical approach
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to perform under pressure
- Valid driver’s license with own transport
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering practices.
- Ability to interpret and understand technical designs, drawings and materials.
- Understanding of a manufacturing or plant working environment.
- Electrical knowledge (PLC units, drives and wiring) will be advantageous.
Key Performance Areas:
Preventative Maintenance, Re-active Maintenance, Breakdowns, and Repairs:
- Responsible and respond to all breakdowns and services on various machinery and equipment.
- Management of the configuration on all machine software.
- Monitor all stock and non / stock items in the stores for the maintenance department, including consumables, materials and parts required.
- Liaise with contractors with relation to machine stoppages and all parts and materials.
- Responsible for machine standardization and utilization and improvements.
- Remaining within budget with maintenance costs and expenses.
- Coordinate and execute responsibilities of artisans within each area of the plant.
- Monitor artisan productivity and quality of work by ensuring accurate diagnosis and correct method of repairs are carried out on all machines.
- Plan, delegate and coordinate repairs and services of machines.
- Ensure that all machines are available for production following a reasonable time after breakdown maintenance.
- Conduct quarterly performance reviews with artisans.
- Approve leave, call outs and standby of electrical maintenance staff.
- Standby as per standby roster will apply.
- Respond to any relevant task given by Management.
Please forward your CV to --------Please upload your CV here--------
Please indicate what your salary expectations are?
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.