Based Cape Town. Due to emigration of existing incumbent, this position has become available in a medium sized manufacturing Company that has a diverse Customer base including automotive, retail (hardware stores), transport, construction, agriculture and counter sales for the general public as well as many smaller Customers. The Company sells its product via 5 national Branches based in the main capital cities which are controlled by Branch Managers and their respective Sales Managers, Sales Reps and Internal Sales. There are 7 other Industrial Subsidiaries in SA and the Group has operations in Europe and USA where the Holding Company is situated. This candidate will report to the Managing Director and form part of OPCO together with the Financial Director, Operations Manager, HR Manager, SHEQ Manager and MD. It is expected that he/she will not only be responsible for the Sales and Marketing portfolio nationally but will also contribute at OPCO meetings where broader issues of the business are discussed. These may include manufacturing, operations & supply chain, human resources, finance as well as strategic and general business issues.
Key performance areas, inter alia, include:
- To manage and further develop the Sales & Marketing function for local, African & overseas markets and ensure the continued profitability of the business. This will be achieved through the respective Branch Managers and their teams who do the “hard sell” and the subsequent ongoing involvement of this candidate. This will include developing and maintaining relationships with Customers, ongoing business development, setting marketing and advertising budget and strategy, problem solving and providing general leadership & guidance.
- Although the local Subsidiary has an informal and a team driven environment together with a culture of mutual support, there is a strict requirement by the US Holding Company in terms of adherence to Policies and Procedures together with ongoing Reports. Therefore, the candidate needs to have very strong Excel and Powerpoint for monthly presentations and be comfortable with an ERP System, as many Reports are also generated by a highly sophisticated fully integrated SYSPRO computer system.
- Monitoring and analysing Companies sales performance and ability to drill down to obtain meaningful financial indices and data so as to provide management information. There will also be the need to create Short, Medium and Long Term Planning Schedules and the thrust will be to grow sales and identify opportunities in the marketplace.
- Development of new products for specific Customers will be required (in conjunction with other Management), cross selling as well as up selling for Customers, so as to maximise sales revenue and create new business opportunities.
- Direct involvement in pricing and margins to ensure profitability of the various products and identifying current market activities & product offerings to stay ahead of the competitors.
- A tertiary qualification which ideally will be a Business Degree and if there was an MBA, this would be highly recommended.
- Not less than 10 years in a Senior Sales & Marketing Management position with requisite experience in managing multiple teams nationally. Industry background must be either from the manufacturing sector or industrial service sector where the candidate is comfortable with industrial products that have been manufactured. This could include manufacturing of foam, plastics, steel parts, paper, food or similar and where the product may have been specially prepared for the Customer’s needs.
- A proven track record must be seen in the CV where the candidate has grown sales, realised new business, made a significant difference in the business’s profitability and similar.
- The candidate must have strong business acumen, proven management and leadership skills, be assertive and opinionated in that he/she can defend their points of view and stand their ground diplomatically yet firmly. Further descriptive words will include being a self starter, adaptable, single-minded, competitive, persuasive, influential, having high energy and drive.
Apply on-line or alternatively phone Gerald Lilian on (011)-----.
Be advised that if you do not receive a response within two weeks from date of submission of your CV, then please deem your application as unsuccessful.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.