NATIONAL SALES MANAGER (OPEN TO ANY RACE AND GENDER)
Area: Johannesburg West Rand
Salary: R750000 to R1 000 000 P/A Depending on experience and qualifications
Purpose of position: National Sales Manager must ensure that the sales goals of the company are met across all sectors and regions in South Africa. To coordinate with other executives in order to develop an effective sales strategy. To build and maintain a high-performance regional sales team to effectively achieve business objectives.
To perform this role successfully, the appointed individual must be able to perform each essential duty / key performance area exceptionally well. This list of key performance areas is not exhaustive and may be changed / supplemented to accommodate business needs from time to time:
• Create and implement effective sales strategies and lead nationwide sales team toward achievement of corporate sales objectives.
• Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales team.
• Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
• Provide sales management, budget control, commission programs and incentive planning.
• Provide supervision through field visits, observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
• Proactively identify changes within the industry, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
• Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
• Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, HR, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
• Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
• Attend sales meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
• Identify shortcomings in a sales plan and makes adjustments as needed
• Analyses sales data in order to identify strengths and weakness of customers
• Develops policies and procedures as they relate to sales
• Networks with potential customers and business partners in an effort to promote certain products
• Prepare business proposals
• Prepare and present sales presentations to Customers and Exco
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills Education / Training and Experience Requirement(s):
• Experience and success in recruiting and retaining a high-performance sales team and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
• Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business and P&L to meet objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
• Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management including Exco.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Possesses a good knowledge of economics and how current market trends influence sales
• Is persuasive and can easily influence others
• Has good leadership and communications skills, both written and verbal
• Is proactive and anticipates potential problems before they can hinder a company’s success
• Possesses good customer service skills
• Is able to develop new sales strategies based upon prior experience
• Maintains a positive attitude and constantly encourages others
• Valid Driver’s license
• Must be willing to travel
• Team builder
• Motivational Leader
• Performance Manager
• Sales Planning and organizing
• Communication skills
• Business acumen
• Time Management skills
• Computer skills
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Product knowledge
• Selling skills
• Customer focused
Required Certificates, Licences, Registrations:
• Post grad Degree in Sales or Marketing, MBA will be an advantage
• Proficient in MS Office
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years of sales experience with at least 5 years of experience managing a direct sales force
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.