Minimum requirements for the role
- Tertiary Qual in Chemistry or Polymers or related is pref but not essential.
- Previous Sales / Key Account Management and New Business Development experience having sold Chemical Raw Materials and or Plastic / Polymer Raw Materials into the manufacturing and related industries is essential.
- The successful candidate must have a strong commercial drive, with an analytical mindset and good interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate will handle Senior Key Account Management responsibility for the supply of Polymers and Additives and or related raw materials into the Plastics and Packaging Converting manufacturing industries
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying and targeting possible new customers and ensuring that territory sales objectives are met.
- Maximizing profitability, controlling working capital, growing the portfolio and achieving budgetary objectives for your selected product portfolio.
- Introducing new product ranges, concepts and applications to the market, as well as obtaining complete knowledge of competitor products and markets.
- Promoting products and services to new key account customers.
- Generating sales of raw materials, such as CRF, Plastic Resins (i.e. Polystyrene, HDPE, Polycarbonate, ABS, Plastic Urethanes) etc, into the manufacturing industries.
- Managing allocated principals as well as providing technical assistance to customers and colleagues.
- Constructing a business plan which will include strategies and sales forecasts for annual budgets as well as monitoring and controlling budgets on a monthly basis.
- Cultivating long-term customer relationships in order to promote and reinforce value propositions.
- Identifying opportunities to grow the market share by planning, executing and achieving sales growth.
- Achieving monthly and yearly sales targets through planning and executing business plans for key accounts.
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained.