To identify, develop, manage and grow new and existing brand opportunities. To develop the products within the required lead times, legislative standards and financial targets thereby creating a competitive advantage to grow market share and overall profitability.
- Identify new brand opportunities across divisions, in line with the divisional strategies and initiate introduction meeting with brands and do brand presentations and negotiations
- Manage all communication such as legal contracts, royalty payments, sign off' s etc. with brands
- To source from local and international suppliers, prepare detailed briefs and ensure a fair process is followed to deliver innovation and increased profitability in Private Label.
- Planning, executing and monitoring product development projects according to the NPD Process in line with the critical path to meet the category Private Label objectives and targets and full responsibility for product development identification, development and sign off of all products for new and existing brands internally and externally.
- To be responsible for quality, health and safety across all Private Label product development by adhering to legislation and NPD approval process to protect the Brand reputation and financial impact on the business.
- To develop creative Private Label products that have innovative attributes to ensure competitive advantage and create brand loyalty to increase market share and profitability.
- To collaborate with the Private Label Brand Manager to develop brand strategies to align with the objectives and targets of the category operating plan.
- To brief and develop concepts and packaging, POS, FSU's, in line with the Brand strategy and provide business status updates on product development projects in order to ensure product launches are on time.
- To ensure Private Label profitability targets are met through effective cost price negotiations, margin and stock management prior to Private Label product launches.
- To collate Information for Merchandise Manual for these brands by working closely
Qualifications / Experience / Skills, Abilities, Job Related Knowledge / Essential Competencies
- Understanding of buying business processes
- Knowledge of new product development processes
- Knowledge of market trends and competitor analysis
- Knowledge of margin calculations
- Knowledge of private label quality standards and procedures
- Knowledge of consumer protection act
- Knowledge of product legislation
Job Related Skills:
- Analytical and Interpretive skills
- Negotiating skills
- Creating and conceptualising
- Building relationships
- Essential: Product development buyer 3 + years
- Essential: Sourcing Buyer
- Desirable: Baby Clothing and accessories
- Desirable: Negotiations with overseas vendors
- Essential: Diploma in Product Development
- Desirable: Purchasing Diploma
Essential Competency Requirements:
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Creating and Innovating
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking