Scope and purpose of the role:
To manage, advise and control the National Network to achieve key business strategies and objectives in an environment of adherence to divisional operational standards. In addition, to provide business consultation to in-house and mobile fitment centres with regard to brand standards, customer service, operations, finance, human resources, sales, IT and marketing.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the division in its role as the retail arm of the Group
- Together with National Sales understand the market and competitive forces to develop the business with both national and local customers in the region
- Strategically and operationally together with the appointed local management, manage the resources and performance of these businesses and take appropriate action to support the local management to succeed. This will cover HR resourcing and policies, finance performance (sales, margins, operating costs, capex and working capital) including internal controls, selling and operational activities. Develop concise, timeous reporting for the business units to measure key performance indicators for agreed objectives.
- Lead and motivate divisional resources including key training to meet the required workmanship standards
- Monitor the brand image in the region and deal with non-conformance arising from own observations and formal audits
- Manage the performance of group suppliers to the region
- Participate in Operation Projects for continuous improvement that may cover HR practices, financial reporting, network optimisation- fitment centres, mobile units, fitters & glaziers and administration, business process improvement and IT systems, technical fitting and glazing methods.
- Ensure adherence to all the managerial statutory requirements, i.e OHSA, LRA and BCEA.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor Degree in Operations/Business Management, and advantage
- BEE applicants only
- 8-10 years in a relevant retail/service operation and possess a strong knowledge of technical, administration and service centre control procedures
- Relevant industry experience; company has a national branch network
- Proven experience in financial and commercial management – able to demonstrate achievement of significant business results and targets.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management with evidence of achievement in influencing, leading and motivating a number of teams. Proven track record in implementing best practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Highly IT literate (entire MS Suite), able to use data to develop standard and routine reports to enable the team to analyze their performance and assess high and low spots for action
- SAP experience. High degree of numeracy and analytical ability.
*** PLEASE EMAIL YOUR UPDATED Word CV to brent@fidesrecruitment
or contact Brent on 082 558
PLEASE NOTE: We read all the CV's that are sent to us. Due to a high volume of CVs received, our response time might be delayed but please just bear with us. IF HOWEVER YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN TWO WEEKS, PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.