- Degree or National Diploma in Engineering or Chemistry
- Diploma in Business or Operations Management
- Previous Plant Manager experience within manufacturing concern
- Practical bias
- Good communication skills to all levels
- Human Resource management and organizational skills
- Safety Training
- Computer literate
- SAP knowledge
- ERP system knowledge
- Project Management experience
Key Performance Indicators:
- Product quality.
- Inventory Control, including inventory write offs.
- Factory admin costs.
- Direct manufacturing costs.
- Raw material costs.
- On time delivery of shipments out of the site.
Health and Safety:
- Maintain Total Recordable Incident Rate as per set standards.
- Safely leadership, drive a safe positive culture within employees and ensure that EHS systems maintained, developed and implemented.
- Plant walks to engage operators and seek opportunity for improvements.
- EHS process/procedure awareness training.
- Comply with all legal requirements of the Occupational, Health & Safety Act.
Staff Management / Industrial relations:
- Establishment and maintenance of effective two-way communication channels between management and staff.
- Staff management – Discipline, grievances, training needs etc.
- Keeping abreast of matters on trade union activity.
- Performance Appraisals on a yearly basis.
- Succession plan for key roles.
- Monitor temporary labor on a monthly basis.
- Reduce COPQ.
- Active implementation of the Corp. COPQ Program.
- Ensure site is ISO 900x ready or ISO 900x certified.
- Ensure the site is legal compliant to operate safely and produce product.
- Quality system leadership, drive the ISO quality system at the site and that it is developed, maintained, implemented.
- Annually develop Quality & EHS target’s and objectives.
- Biannually chair ISO 9001 Business review meeting, prepare information and presentations.
- Quarterly EHS site reviews with representatives and stake holders.
Financials, Inventory, Cash & Capital, Productivity:
- Annually submit operations planning budget for review.
- Monthly Sales shipments and operation production planning & demand forecasts.
- Monthly reporting and forecasting of operations volumes, inventory value and costs.
- Weekly review of shipments and operation planning.
- Weekly review that SAP production orders and material requirements are maintained.
- Weekly pulse operations reports for month today, last estimate operations volumes, inventory value and costs.
- Update site productivity in the company productivity tracker.
- Update HR factory admin and DMC overtime & leave tracker.
- Weekly safety reviews talks.
- Weekly review of raw material forecast demand and requesting admin to place orders.
- Monthly review on quality batch pass rate.
- Supervisor control of the company Quality Control system, update system based on business MoC.
- Review R&D QC checks on new formulations for commercial trials and business reviews.
- Add material information form to business MoC system, ensure costing estimate and bill of materials is correct for SAP entry.
- Process owner of capital expenditure requests.
- Annual personal development review of supervisor.
- Initiate material write offs in EAS system.
- Manage two stock cycle counts a year.
- Monthly Review and update D.M.C product file.
- Approve costs in SAP & Web cycle based on D.O.A.
- Perform tasks & reports requested by operations leaders and direct manager.
- P&L tracking, financial adjustments (accruals, journals).
- Review, update and develop Standard Operating Procedures for all tasks in the plant as required.
Raw Material Planning:
- Update ROP worksheets, calculate consumption requirements.
- Update MRP worksheets, capture actual consumption, determine ROP per material.
- Review update SAP with LE & FC.
- Place & communicate orders with suppliers.
- Review direct procurement (materials).
- Update DMC template.
- Add/Change BOMs.
- Update actual landed costing of raw materials.
- Create monthly DMC report for Commercial.
- EAS Approval system.
- Inventory FC.
- Review Inventory count control.
Please forward your CV to --------Please upload your CV here--------
Please indicate what your salary expectations are?
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.