Private Equity Investment Manager (Infrastructure | Renewables) – focus on AFRICA: Western Cape
Lucrative Package on Offer!
Global Private Equity Fund Manager is in search of an talented Investment Manager with a focus on Africa.
The role is within the Transaction team and is co-responsible for growing the organisation across the region by sourcing, developing, negotiating and closing renewable energy opportunities.
The role will report directly to the Regional Head of Africa and will play an important role in the region as part of the African Management Team.
You apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving as well as have the ability to plan and prioritise effectively: strong project / process management skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Business development with the objective to build a strong pipeline of potential investment opportunities
- Oversight of financial modelling/analytic analysis of various transactions under consideration
- Management of due diligence work-streams
- Presentation of investment proposals to the Investment Committee
- Management of overall transaction and approval process, work streams and timelines
- Management of documentation processes including substantive input to the negotiation of key project documents (e.g. EPC/OM/Debt/SHA/etc.)
- Actively work with portfolio companies’ post-investment.
- Liaising with management teams, and ensure that best financial and non-financial practices, including Environmental and Social Management Systems are implemented
- Coach a team of Junior Investment Managers and Analysts through the investment process
Qualification and Experience Required:
- Honours Financial degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance) with previous experience in the Renewable Energy sector
- Strong financial modelling skills and attention to detail
- Proven reporting writing and market analysis skills
- Proven ability to work across technical/financial and legal aspects of a transaction and work with various specialists internally and with government/shareholder/lender type stakeholders to provide transaction leadership
- Solid MS Office skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential
- Experience with working in Africa or other emerging markets is highly advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (proficiency in French is not required but would be a distinguishing competency)
- Willingness to travel
To apply, please forward a detailed copy of your CV to <--------Please upload your CV here--------