Purpose of the position:
- To manage, set direction and develop the growth strategy for the Process Engineering Discipline thus ensuring that the organization is the company of choice for the optimal delivery of Process services (Design and Execution).
- Discipline Manager plays a pivotal role within the company, ensuring that engineering and service requirements are met across all sites and all customers identify with the company as a trusted and critical partner to their business.
- The major responsibility of this position is to oversee the design, installation, commissioning and optimization of machinery and equipment and to pro-actively provide recommendations to customers and other key internal stakeholders.
- The manager will lead a team of engineering professionals responsible for implementing small to large projects across all industries on various sites and to a range of customers
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE:
- BSc/B (Eng.) Chemical Engineering
- Zero tolerance towards unsafe designs, acts, hazards and a passion for a zero harm culture through safe engineering solutions.
- 10+ years’ experience in heavy engineering activities
- Specifically, 5-10 years’ experience supervising engineering staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of administrative and management functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling with regards to engineering.
- Experience with process improvement and project management in an operational environment.
- Computer literacy with MS Office, MS Project, and SAP or similar ERP system. A broad understanding of process units across different industries.
- Ability to work across disciplines, have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must possess a balance of the technical, human relations and conceptual skills required to achieve results through subordinate supervision.
- Must be capable of evaluating and weighing alternatives, establishing relative priorities and formulating decisions that affect all phases of projects and the complete life cycle of proposed engineering solutions.
- Must be able to develop Fit for purpose solutions to partners in order to create long term relationship with operational departments.
- A demonstrated ability in planning and organizing, controlling, coordinating and directing Process Engineering activities.
Required outputs and responsibilities:
- The Discipline Manager will set and ensure the achievement of the goals in accordance to the company’s Corporate Strategy
- Improve operating TSR (Total Shareholder Return)
- Sustain and increase the Process Function’s Revenue Secure and grow current Contracts
- Grow SOC
- Grow key operating partners
- Ensure high level of competitiveness
- Market Share
- Optimise Efficiency
- Project Performance
- ROCE (EBIT/CE)
- Establish sustainable relationships
- Preferred Vendor & multiyear contracts Customer Measures
- Channel Partners (OEM’s &EC’s)
- Work in Hand
- Work closely with other Discipline Managers and aspire to support and achieve the goals of the Company.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of Process Engineering that will include, Safety and Productivity.
- Responsible for directly managing the work of all Process personnel and ensure the delivery of quality work to partners.
- Responsible for the Process department to meet budget requirements.
- Continually improve the Process function to increase effectiveness and efficiency and create a legacy of brilliance.
- See to that engineering innovation, optimization and strategies are implemented and enforced to the advantage of our partners.
- Annalise process flow, value streams, develop performance enhancements, implements cost effective designs and monitors project results.
- Ensure that all separate elements within the Process environment fit together.
- Manage all personnel within the Process function.
- Develop optimal organizational structure in order to support customer needs and to achieve the company’s Corporate Strategy.
- Appoint and develop the Process engineering team in order to ensure technical competence and professional maturity to support quality and effective service delivery.