Since 1947, they have provided innovative solutions developed through strong client relationships of mutual trust and respect and a commitment to quality and integrity. From a three-person firm in the United States to today's staff of more than 5,000 worldwide, it has grown and diversified with our clients' needs in mind. Our mission is to reach one goal – the client’s – by providing the right total solutions.
The organisation prides itself on developing and retaining high quality staff. Currently accepting applicants for Procurement – Contracts Manager to work in Tanzania on a three to five year contract for January 2018.
- Coordination with client and management of any procurement functions, likely using FIDIC
- Establish/implement a framework and systems for procurement management in close coordination with the client
- Coordinate with client the development and review of individual component procurement plans, and consolidate into one overall program procurement plan; and help oversee implementation of the plan
- If required, and in coordination with the client, develop/refine and oversee the implementation of guidelines for the management and administration of the procurement process including the development of specifications / Terms of Reference (ToRs), the set-up of evaluation committee and evaluation, the documentation and filing at all stages of the procurement cycle; preparation of bidding documents, prequalification of bidders, notification and advertising, bid opening and evaluation, award of contracts, reviewing claims, preparation and certification of payment certificates.
- If required and in strict coordination with the client, manage and administer the selection of consultants including initiating the set-up of evaluation committee and managing the stages of the procurement cycle; short-listing of consultants, preparation of invitations for technical and financial proposals, evaluation of technical and financial submissions, preparation of contracts, supervision of consultancy contracts, reviewing claims and preparation and certification of payment certificates.
- Prepare procurement reports regularly and timely in line with the program manuals and any other client requirements
- Liaise with team members on their respective procurements under the program and provide regular updates
- Coordinate procurement reviews and update procurement plans regularly
- Supervise procurement staff under the program as necessary
- Raise and help to resolve procurement related issues proactively
- Liaise with the client to seek/obtain approval for procurements where applicable
- Oversight and resolution of contract issues as applicable
- If required, develop and oversee the implementation of guidelines for the supervision, management and monitoring of contracts at the component level including the receipt, review and clearance of deliverables, and the clearance of payments
- Extensive work experience of at least six (6) years in procurement and implementation in the public sector and donor related/funded projects with at least three of them at senior level
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and understanding of Tanzanian procurement procedures is a strong preference - emphasis shall be on the practical application of the Tanzanian laws and regulations
- At least two (2) years’ experience in dealing with or managing procurements for donor funded projects, and specific experience with World Bank funded projects is an added advantage
- Conversant with modern project and construction management techniques, work programming, cost estimation, measurement/payment certification, and dealing with claims/dispute resolution, utilizing advanced computerized applications associated therewith
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business in Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Law, Procurement or related field; and a post graduate qualification in a procurement related field will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification in procurement as well as membership of a professional body with good standing
- Fluent in English, and have excellent technical, computer, communication and organizational skills
Amount of Travel:
- Limited in Country travel within the Simiyu Region and to Dar es Salaam
Urgently submit your applications by C.O.B 09 October 2017
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.