Minimum requirements for the role:
- A BSc or BEng Chemical Engineering qualification is essential.
- Previous working experience in a production manager position is essential.
- Previous experience in managing people – blue collar and white collar – is essential.
- Must be strong in problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must be well spoken and presentable.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring adherence to local and regulatory policies and procedures by applying and making use of up-to-date information.
- Effectively and efficiently managing the available technical, budget, capital, and human resources.
- Managing the manufacturing activities within the plant and surroundings to ensure products are manufactured safely, on-schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Managing and adhering to budget and spending requirements for accountable cost centres capital.
- Ensuring that manufacturing and plant operations comply with local legal procedures and standards.
- Assisting in the development of departmental plans, including production and organizational priorities.
- Adapting departmental plans and priorities or address resource and operational challenges.
- Liaising and communicating with all relevant departments to ensure effective operation.
- Monitoring production and maintenance processes to ensure the effective use of resources and equipment.
- Ensuring that the plant and maintenance is staffed sufficiently with competent employees during operation and outages to optimize safety, quality, product volume and equipment efficiency.
- Continuously improving on the production performance and cost optimization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Standing in for site manager when required.
Salary package is highly negotiable depending on experience.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.