- Qualified as a pharmacist; registered with the South African Pharmacy Council;
- Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP)
- Industrial/Manufacturing pharmaceutical experience required.
- Experience with complimentary medicines and Botanical extracts as well as knowledge of CAMs, homeopathic and herbal medicines will be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritizing of workload with attention to detail.
- Computer literate with good numeracy skills.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to accept responsibility and challenges.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical Industrial/Manufacturing or production environment
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry and Healthcare environment
- Ability to analyse documentation and assess the relevance of process variances and reports on product quality
The incumbent’s role will be to manage manufacturing operations as per the agreed supply plan in accordance with legal pharmaceutical requirements and duties and ensures compliance within the Value Stream. Performing manufacturing and packing line openings and line closures; performing in process checks; verifying ingredients used during the dispensing process; supervising the manufacturing process; ensuring that GMP is followed in all departments; assisting in sustaining the quality management system; ensuring that all production related documentation is completed; assisting with CAPAs; VMP, Process validations, assisting with training. Manage the qualification of equipment and validation of manufacturing and process operations and equipment. The Pharmacist Production will be reporting to the Responsible Pharmacist. All Pharmacist assistants will report to the Pharmacist Production. Assume Deputy Responsible Pharmacist role.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensures products are manufactured to the required quality and compliance standards
- Manages the implementation of the QMS to ensure compliance with clients standards
- Ensures product is manufactured to the required Occupational Health & Safety Act standards and ensure that all mechanical and manual procedures undertaken with the Production departments, meet with laid down safety standards. Ensuring that protective clothing and safety equipment is worn at all times, when necessary, by the process operators.
- Co-ordinate and perform the Process Validations with QC and production.
- Deputize the Responsible Pharmacist in his absence.
- Monitor and delegate tasks to the Pharmacist assistants.
- Schedules agreed supply plan in conjunction with planners to optimise manufacturing operations to achieve maximum utilization of resources within the Value Stream.
- Executes Production activities in accordance with agreed supply plan.
- Ensures plant and equipment are managed and maintained to achieve optimal perform
- Manages and motivates staff to achieve the agreed supply plan.
- Manages costs and variances to support the budget.
- Ensures continuous improvement to reduce costs, increase productivity and improve quality
- Liaising with internal departments to achieve throughputs and meet required goals
- Carry out time and motion studies and to make recommendations to the Production Manager in respect of changes required to better standard procedures and systems.
- Check and the receipt of components into the Production department for manufacture
- Continuous operating procedure of the product during the manufacturing process
- Reconciliation of batch documentation relating to product manufactured
- Supervision of staff through the application of sound management principles, train, develop and motivate staff in a manner conducive to increasing productivity within the department.
- Checking and authorising all reconciliations of components
- Regular departmental meetings are held with the Production process operators to discuss departmental goals, quality standards and general activities
- Maintaining of safety standards and good manufacturing practices within the Production department
- Monitor manufacturing throughputs within the Production department to ensure productivity standards are met
- Initiating up dating and monitoring compliance to both Standard Operating Procedures as well as works order documentation within the Production department
- Liaises with engineering and maintenance to ensure that all machines are in good working order
- Undertake and complete any other duties in Production as may be designated by the Responsible Pharmacist.
- In-process checks regarding product and product integrity are carried out according to pre-determined parameters
- Maintain security in the area in regard to both personal and product integrity.
- Assist with training of Standard Operating Procedures
- Co-ordinate the VMP with QA and assist with QA/Production in terms of URS, DQ, IQ,OQ, PQ
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.