Since 1947, they have provided innovative solutions developed through strong client relationships of mutual trust and respect and a commitment to quality and integrity. From a three-person firm in the United States to today's staff of more than 5,000 worldwide, it has grown and diversified with our clients' needs in mind. Our mission is to reach one goal – the client’s – by providing the right total solutions.
The organisation prides itself on developing and retaining high quality staff. Currently accepting applicants for Program Manager to work in Tanzania on a three to five year contract for January 2018.
- Lead a diverse team of largely Tanzanians in: a) water municipality capacity building, b) water supply infrastructure construction and c) review of detailed designs for water supply infrastructure.
- Significant stakeholder collaboration and conflict mitigation, cooperation, coordination, and communication with client, individual consultants, consulting firms, as well as other local government officials, private entities, non-governmental organizations, other donors, and community-based groups as required by our client.
- Significant interaction with governmental agencies such as regional and local water authorities and the Ministry of Water & Irrigation.
- Leadership of the team’s requirement to meet contractual scope, schedule and budget.
- Mitigate and manage risk through the enforcement of a Risk Management Plan, Health and Safety, Project Management Plan, and Project Quality Manual. These plans will include procedures for monitoring and mitigating risks across the program.
- Participate in client meetings and events; and prepare and make presentations as required.
- Leadership of formal and informal reporting (progress and financial) to the client as well as the company.
- Pro-actively oversee institutional strengthening elements.
- Strict adherence to the company’s policies such as: anti-corruption, safety and quality.
- Effective and timely management of human (team) resources including sub-consultants.
- Effective and timely management of sub-contractors.
- Living and working in remote location in Tanzania – likely Bariadi.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in the developing world, at least 5 in Africa with a strong preference for Tanzania experience and minimum of 5 years’ management experience.
- Minimum 3 assignments working in the developing world, at least 1 in Africa with a strong preference for Tanzania experience.
- Experience with capacity building of third world nationals on at least 2 assignments with a strong preference for Africa experience.
- Construction supervision/oversight experience on at least 4 projects, 2 of which must be in the developing world. Preference for water infrastructure.
- Proven cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- Strong project scheduling skills.
- Proven project financial management skills with one or more projects sized greater than USD $50 M.
- Excellent writing skills and use of the full suite of Microsoft software such as Word, Excel and Project, Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or higher.
- Must be a Chartered/Registered Professional Engineer with a recognized international institution; or the Construction Management Association of America preferred.
- Fluency in English required and conversational-level Swahili a plus
Amount of Travel:
- Limited in Country travel within the Simiyu Region and to Dar es Salaam
Urgently submit your applications by C.O.B 09 October 2017
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.