I have an awesome contract position for an experienced accountant to join my client based in the CBD. The role will entail providing financial information and services to the Financial Manager and finance team and to ensure compliance with all local regulations.
- Ensuring that monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual statutory and group accounts and tax returns are prepared and filed accurately and on time. Also ensuring that Group accounts comply in all respects with IFRS Group accounting policies, that local statutory accounts comply with local GAAP and that, where necessary, these are reconciled monthly one to the other.
- Providing support and facilitation to external tax and accounting auditors and maintaining proper books, records and archives to support these.
- Liaising with tax advisers and assisting actively with their efforts to minimize the tax burden of the OU for which he/she is responsible whilst drawing all of the benefits and opportunities offered by the legislation in force.
- Monitoring, in conjunction with the Finance Manager, the status of bank and other balance sheet reconciliations throughout the OU. This to ensure that reconciliations are carried out on time and are regularly reviewed, authorized and cleared.
- Interim and Year-end audit/preparation of statutory accounts
- Assist/review with the Planning Cycle /5-year and Total Balance Sheet in HPL, CF in HFM
- Financial Degree
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Min 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Immediately available for contract