Our Client, a leading global provider of products, services and technologies that promote a higher level of safety in the mining and energy sectors, with a portfolio of safety products which include secondary underground roof supports, proximity detection and collision avoidance systems, wireless communications, tracking and gas detection and emergency refuge chambers, are seeking to URGENTLY appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Quality Control Manager, for their Johannesburg Head-Office.
MAIN PURPOSE FOR THE ROLE:
- Reporting to the General Manager, the Quality Control Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining an ISO related Quality Management System.
- Ensure manufactured and repaired products issued to clients comply with required quality standards and QMS.
- Implementing and Maintaining Quality Management System: Develop, implement and maintain control systems to clients to comply with quality and certification standards as well as client requirements. Ensure all testing manufacturing, repaired documentation (i.e SAT & FAT) are updated and according to standards and client requirements. Ensure Quality Management System Implemented and maintained are aligned with ISO requirements to get ISO accreditation where required.
- Compliance of Quality and Certification Standards of Products: Ensure that manufactured and repaired components and systems comply with technical specifications/requirements according to Engineering brief before issuing to clients. Ensure that manufactured and repaired components and systems comply with certification standards/requirements before issuing to clients. Oversee FAT testing is documented and certificate of conformance is issued correctly and accurately to manufactured and repaired products.
- Audits and Investigations of Products: Conduct internal and external supplier audits to ensure manufactured and repaired components comply with certification and technical standards. Issue product related non-conformances (NCR) to suppliers when not complying with certification and technical standards. Investigate non-conformances (NCR) issued to QC department and facilitate corrective actions. Investigate warranties to determine if components and systems are still under warranty. Coordination with internal and external stakeholders to ensure risk assessments are conducted on manufactured and repaired products.
- Certification: Ensure manufactured and repaired products are certified according to certification standards and requirements before issuing to clients. Ensure certifications of products are updated and documented. Ensure there are certification drawings for each product being issued/sold to clients.
- Safety System: Implement, control and maintain Safety Compliance System.
MINIMUM KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- · Grade 12 or equivalent
- · Qualified Electrician
- · N6 or equivalent
- · Safety related qualification
- · Flameproof manufacturing or repair qualification
- · ISO related qualification on concept and principles
- · Minimum of 3, years` experience working on flameproof equipment
- · Accuracy
- · Analytical
- · Assertiveness
- · Conflict Management
- · Coordination
- · Good Communications skills – English is essential (written and verbal)
- · Good Decision Making
- · Integrity
- · Problem Solving
- · Thoroughness
Apply NOW !
- This opportunity is “open-to-all” suitably experienced applicants
- The closing date for applications is 13th August 2020.
- Should you not receive our relayed invitation for an interview with the client within two weeks of the closing date, please accept your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The client reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Interviews will only be conducted with applicants who meet all the requirements.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS OPPORTUNITY TO A FRIEND, SHOULD IT NOT BE SUITED TO YOU OR ALIGNED TO YOUR CAREER ASPIRATIONS.