Our client is a diversified Group of companies with regional and international businesses. Products and services are provided to a broad spectrum of customers in the mining, water treatment, plant and animal health, food and beverage, infrastructure and general industrial sectors.
Reporting to the Sales Director, You will be responsible for managing Key Account Managers and Product Managers, while driving the sales targets.
- Manage, assist and coach sales team.
- Join calling with sales team.
- Setting a clear sales strategy for local and abroad markets.
- New business development.
- Actively looking for opportunities outside the current portfolio for possible acquisitions.
- Meeting tight deadlines across the business.
- Directing and assertively pushing the sales team to promote new products and look at new markets.
- Have a healthy and active relationship at all key accounts.
- Ensure the sales team is working with CRM system and it is updated regularly.
- Working capital management – debtors days, no bad debts, stock holding targets are met and sales team is taking stock as per forecast.
- Forecasting on a monthly basis.
- Reporting back on monthly sales vs previous year vs budget with comments.
- Continuously searching for opportunities within the market.
- Ensure market data is relevant and updated – market intelligence.
- Direct product manager on new technology partners and product based on market demand.
- Managing a portfolio of key account customers.
- Strategically growing the portfolio of customers.
- Strategizing the business outlook for 3-5 years and ensure materialization of objectives.
- Growing customer base year on year in terms of volume, revenue and margins.
- 12 month and 24 month budgeting.
- Assisting the sales team with technical briefs and new product development.
- Price negotiations at senior levels.
- Promotion of company products and image.
- Key account management.
- Technical presentations at customers on new product launches.
- BSc in Life Science or similar
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Minimum 5 years Sales management experience of raw materials in the chemicals industry; OR
- Minimum 6 – 8 years of Key Account Management experience
- Sales experience within the Personal Care and Home Care industries is of benefit
- Sound understanding of pricing structures
- Must currently be in the Chemical Industry and calling on customers
Salary / Package
R74,000 - R94,000 per month