Delivery Manager (SAP Finance)
As a delivery manager you will have 2 Delivery leads reporting into you with teams of Functional Analysts, Business analysts, Test Analysts, ABAP Developers and solutions architects.
You will be supported by the Finance Domain Architect, the Finance business Engagement manager and allocated Project Managers
Be part of delivering SAP Finance integrated solutions across the Group to some of the most recognized South Africa Retail brands.
In the role of Delivery Manager your portfolio as SAP Financial Super User leverages your specialised strategic and tactical knowledge of the SAP Finance framework across business entities as a key success factor in providing relevant solutions to a variety of business impacting scenarios. The team will look to you for process refinements, collaborative integration guidance and mentorship to ensure that a high quality of ongoing SAP Finance delivery and performance is maintained. You will work closely with a core and cross-functional team of technical and business stakeholders who participate in matrix structured projects, facilitating and co-creating sustainable system driven controls, automations and solutions.
- Oversight of the end-to-end ‘define and deliver’ process of user requirements per business operations, technical components and resources required to deliver SAP Finance integrated solutions.
- Apply a strategic lens and manage the portfolio as a subject matter expert by providing SAP implementation functional best-practice expertise.
- Analyse and understand business and customer requirements in the context of the current business environment and future opportunities.
- Identify and implement suitable solution(s) and alternatives that address the business needs/requirements and exceed customer expectations.
- Together with the delivery leads and technical team, ensure successful analysis, design, evaluation, modification, testing, and implementation of SAP across functional areas. Create conceptual, logical and physical solutions, using appropriate gatekeeping techniques and methodologies.
- Drive operational improvements and efficiencies through the creation and implementation of rigorous processes and controls, act as a gatekeeper for quality of delivery.
- Maintain all principles and quality compliance criteria to deliver according to commitments.
- Determine the right type and number of resources required to fulfill the planned projects, changes and BAU tasks through cooperation with capacity planners, project managers and Business Engagement Managers.
- Drive the development of functional area resources that best leverages resources to optimally meet business engagement and customer expectations.
- Work independently as part of a team and ensure that all team members have the required tools and resources to deliver optimally.
- Share resources and determine inter-dependencies and connections between solutions and where possible contribute to the wider goals of IT Services and Engagement Models.
- Analyse business and customer requirements to ensure successful delivery of development projects and changes as required.
- Drive a culture of strong customer orientation, influence and shape customer expectations
- Display solid business acumen through the ability to negotiate and collaborate with business engagement managers and business representatives.
- Facilitate networks and work closely with stakeholders to provide input to design to ensure operational and technical viability.
- Develop strategic plans and translate them to actionable roadmaps for iterative implementations and functional expansion in phases.
- Work within the framework of Agile methodologies and/or other agreed cross-functional team ways of working,
- Deliver an iterative collection of projects, products for a portfolio inclusive of the change aspects.
- Show flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Lead the team and provide guidance to inspire and support successful outcomes.
- Detect critical deficiencies and recommend improvements, proactively anticipate potential roadblocks and take corrective action to keep the deliverables on track.
- Ability to analyse and resolve issues, triage incoming production incidents to prioritise workload.
- Provide active guidance to the Delivery leads, team and other business stakeholders.
- Effective lead and manage Agile teams/groups specifically responsible to deliver projects to each of the customers in their span of control
- Conduct regular 1:1 briefings with direct reports on an on-going and regular basis and demonstrate a close understanding of the status of projects in his/her span of control and any key issues that may impact scope or budget
- Synthesize and communicate project and business issues on an on-going basis, manage the group’s awareness of major business and IT issues, and help to prevent escalations, where possible
- Actively share insights and information with relevant stakeholders - Act as a SAP knowledge resource for functional teams and provide knowledge transfer to team members as necessary
- Play a leading role in maintaining best of breed development standards for technologies and solutions. Understand and stay up to date with current trends in Information Technology and specific current and future technologies - keep the team connected and engaged with the broader IT Team and roadmaps.
Qualifications and experience
- Relative Tertiary
- Experience Managing and mentoring large, diverse IT Delivery Teams - ESSENTIAL
- 8 years experience in finance with applicable exposure to SAP Finance and respective IT integration across various business entities. Including the practical integration into non SAP systems.- (essential).
- 3-5 years experience in a team leadership role with specific exposure to managing and mentoring a diverse IT delivery team - (essential).
- 2-4 years exposure to both waterfall and agile projects with a particular emphasis on managing multiple, cross-functional teams with specific deliverable streams, including Project / Service delivery Lifecycle Management tools & methodologies experience - (essential).
- Demonstrable exposure to influence senior leaders as well as a broad range of stakeholders - (essential).
- Exposure to and an understanding of Corporate, Retail, Customer interfacing environment in a similar role (non sector specific) - (essential).