A reputable financial services company based in Sandton is looking for a Senior Actuarial Specialist to oversee development projects across the Corporate Actuarial team, including Investments, Annuities and Group Risk Products.
A strong focus will be on ensuring processes are robust, efficient and fit for purpose and with appropriate controls. An additional key part of the role will be to support the group risk valuation and reporting process, providing specialist insights to the business, and ensuring appropriate reserves and capital are held.
The role will also require participation in various projects (namely IFRS17, Prophet Development and Robotics Process Automation) which will present opportunities to develop further insights and influence reporting within and across the various teams.
Responsibilities and Requirements
IFRS 17 development and implementation: Support and provide guidance on various elements of IFRS 17 development for the corporate business including:
- Data and infrastructure development
- Policy and methodology formulation
- Transition calculations
- Actuarial modelling support
- Actuarial and finance process enablement
- Business impact analysis
Process efficiency and automation:
- Ensure processes are efficient, robust and fit for purpose.
- Ensure the control environment is adequate and effective.
This will apply across all corporate products’ (including investments, annuities, group risk valuations, reporting, and business support functions) Group risk reserving, embedded value, capital and business insights: Provide specialist support of the valuation process and provide insights on the group risk financial results and performance, while ensuring appropriate controls, including:
- Market consistent embedded value
- Value of new business
- Analysis of surplus and embedded value
- Solvency capital calculations
- Earnings at risk
- Experience investigations
- Development and maintenance of tools to analyse actuarial data and results in order to enhance management reporting
- Produce reports providing insights into business results and emerging trends
- Bachelors degree / Honours degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Financial Accounting, Engineering
- Making good progress toward an actuarial qualification (at least 4 exams completed)
- 3+ years’ relevant actuarial experience.
- Experience in life insurance valuations would be preferable
- Knowledge of IFRS17 would be advantageous
- Prophet, DCS, VBA, SQL or other program knowledge would be advantageous
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal)
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to work on a range of deliverables
- Provide a source of specialist knowledge to a team of actuarial students
- Ad-hoc projects: Support the delivery of relevant projects objectives
Behavioural skills required
- Leading with Influence
- Customer First
- Personal Mastery
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.