SENIOR TECHNICAL SPECIALIST: SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
The University of Cape Town is hiring!
Are you an experienced software developer? Do you have extensive project management experience in a progressive ICT environment, with a strong customer focus and a demonstrable track record of innovative thinking, project-based delivery and productive interactions across multiple teams? The Enterprise Infrastructure and Services division seeks to employ a skilled and dedicated software developer with strong experience in building applications and APIs, while having a flair for UX/UI.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits, is between R781323 to R919208 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Free tuition for whatever you would like to study
- 90% on tuition for your direct family members
- Annual increase
- If not based in Cape Town, relocation costs are covered
- Develop infrastructure and services through project work.
- Design, maintain and manage business-critical systems and infrastructure service components.
- Provide highly specialized support for developed systems and infrastructure service components.
- Provide technical leadership for one or more systems and/or infrastructure service components.
- A qualification at NQF level 7 in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Ten years’ experience as a software developer of which, at least 5 years must be current and relevant.
- Expertise in Python.
- Proficient in at least one of the following programming technologies; Java, C#, NodeJS, PHP.
- Solid experience in writing tests (e.g. unit tests).
- Solid experience in multi-threading/multi-processing.
- Solid experience with XML, JSON and relational databases.
- Solid experience with git.
- Solid experience in Linux server/Linux shell.
- Experience in API development and systems integration.
- Experience in infrastructure automation (e.g. Ansible).
- Experience with machine learning / artificial intelligence implementations.
- Proven understanding of the software development life-cycle, project management principles and methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
Experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience in one or more of the following; data visualization, pipeline development and cloud infrastructure integration.
- Big data processing
- DevOps with Gitlab
- Containerisation (e.g. Docker)