Our client, a leader in the packaging / manufacturing environment, is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant in the Epping area.
The role is to oversee the debtors, creditors and cashbook function as well as to analyse every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
- Must have experience reporting to head office.
- Provide Overseeing of debtors, creditors, cashbook and accounts clerk.
- Reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Proven experience as an accountant in a manufacturing environment is a non-negotiable.
- Proven Experience in doing expense budgets.
- Proficient user of finance software (ERP system, Excel, Word)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations (VAT, TAX, SARB, SARS)
- A B Accounting Degree (required)
- Completed SAICA articles.
Salary offered: R50 000 – R60 000 per month negotiable.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV to us if you adhere to the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement.