- Liaise with the business to arrange workshops, interviews, meetings and for the collection and
- distribution of the strategic business documents.
- Analyse various departmental business documents for input into the ICT Plans (Master Systems Plan), business requirements specification documents, functional requirements documents and project documents.
- Document ICT Plans, Business Requirement Specifications, functional requirements and project documents for various departmental and provincial initiatives and solutions.
- Conduct interviews with key role-players within the various departments to further understand their business processes, needs and challenges.
- Develop business process models as required per project.
- Ensure effective communication with the business i.e. making sure the business understands what is required from them for the success of the project.
- Conduct feasibility studies.
- Prepare business cases and conduct business and IT risk assessments.
- Conduct solution assessments and validation and provide report based on findings and recommendations.
- Conduct presentations of the deliverables to the relevant stakeholders.
Minimum Competencies of Resources
- Ability to lead, work in a team, inter-personal skills, etc.
- Lead and oversee a team of professionals.
- Ability to be self-managed, ethical, and honest.
- Ability to be respectful and seek to build relationships.
- Have a pragmatic approach to business transformation.
- Strong presentation skills at all levels (viz. executive level and operational):
- Ensuring effective communication with the business i.e. making sure the business understands what is required from them for the success of a project
- Relevant business development experience and skills.
- Experience and capability of leading IT technologies.
- Follow and adhere to WCG procedures and protocol.
- Act within the defined scope.
- Be a strategic thinker at business and IT level.
- Be able to conduct analysis of department''''s strategic documentation:
- Reviewing / documenting Business Requirements Specification (BRS).
- Conduct business process modelling (using BPMN Notation).
- Conduct business case development.
- Conduct functional designs:
- Compile test plans and do systems testing:
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills:
- User liaison and good inter-personal skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills:
- Sound organizing and planning skills (Time management / project management); and
- Knowledge of project management principles.
Skill Level – Senior Business Analyst
Degree (or equivalent 3-year Tertiary qualification) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent.
Must have a Business Analysis Diploma (National Diploma: Business Analysis is advantageous); and Minimum of 7 years'''' experience as a Business Analyst.