The Senior BDM is responsible for driving the development and sustainable growth of organisation's products and services into Africa and across the Middle East. Expected to find quality leads and convert them into successful product, service or solutions deals. To achieve consistent growth in the OPCO's customer base and sales figures.
The Company offers cloud computing, data management, security, enterprise application development, and training services across Africa, Europe, Middle East and Asian markets.
OPCO Sales Management
- BDMs can financially justify the value of their solutions in sophisticated TCO/TCV financial justification models. Also, BDMs can manage the 'power base' within the 'Buying Centre'. They are both already accomplished in the fundamental attributes of Solution Selling, which are typically:
o Well versed in probing skills, able to uncover a Need, Pain or something to be Gained (NPG)
o They are good listeners who 'listen to understand' rather than just 'listen to respond'
o They explore the consequence of each alternative, including doing nothing, to establish the 'explicit' compelling business need. Having established and quantified the consequences, they provide effective and appropriate solutions to meet this compelling need, or NPG
o They must have a good grasp of the features, advantages and benefits of their products, services and or solutions, especially the unique selling propositions (USPs'). They can link their solution to the customer's specific need, pain or gain
o They produce effective 'Executive Summaries', summarising the key salient points of their proposed solutions making it easy for their customers to make a decision in their favor
o Customer care, ethics, integrity and delivering against promises are their way of life
- BDMs must already demonstrate the above 6 Solution Selling attributes, using them as the foundation, taking their skill to a new level to perform effectively as complex solution salespeople where more than one individual is involved in the decision-making process of these very large deals.
- The BDM is political savvy (the essential core competence required in complex selling) enables them to succeed in closing very big deals involving a 'buying centre' comprising many individuals, all influencing, recommending and contributing to the decision-making process.
- BDMs are able to articulate the client's 'compelling business need' and develop a solution that will satisfy the critical elements required by each member of the power base, cost justifying their solutions, managing and justifying to the 'power base' from the top down. They are therefore well versed in differentiating their company and their proposed solution, able to justify at both a business and a technical level, always conscious of protocol and conduct. They understand the intricacies of the job and the need to maintain a healthy sales pipeline.
- Lead demand-generating sales activities in the assigned market for the assigned product, service or solution.
- Maintain an extensive network of internal and external contacts to ensure that the relevant business unit within the OPCO is optimally placed in its understanding of business, economic, political and commercial challenges and opportunities.
- Lead relationship building initiatives with Principal Vendors including playing the lead role in negotiations with respect to pricing & procurement control.
- Coach, support, mentor and challenge subordinates in the application of effective operations practices, provide advice and guidance on complex issues to minimise risk and ensure performance.
The skills and experience required to fulfill the Senior Business Development Manager position, include:
- At least 5 years sales experience with a documented successful track record in selling high end services, rich and complex IT solutions in the relevant industry.
- Minimum of 12- 15 years in the industry either as an individual contributor in complex deal creation, or as a sales leader.
- Minimum of 8 -10 years sales experience in contact centre or associated solutions.
- Solution sales experience with both local and international deal creation experience.
- 8-10 years experience with Microsoft products and software licensing
Business Management degree or equivalent NQF 7 qualification
R730,000 CTC per annum - R870,000 CTC per annum