- This role requires a person who is passionate, creative, pushes the boundaries, and challenges the status quo, who helps the organization to find efficient and pro-active solutions in support of business processes and decision making.
- BCom/BSc Computer Science/Information Systems) BTech (Information Technology) or MSc (Computer Science) desirable but not essential.
- Analyze requirements and use ability of existing data warehouse structures to meet requirements.
- Design data models or enhancements to existing data tables following best practice such as Ralph Kimball/Inmon Modelling.
- Ensure that drill-through capability to source data is always possible.
- Develop code in accordance with the department''s design conventions including naming conventions and formatting conventions.
- Test and QA data against source systems to ensure accuracy after development.
- Obtain business stakeholder and client testing of results.
- Promote scripts through version control to production data warehouse.
- Continuously research, evaluate and test new technologies to provide more efficient and adaptable solutions.
- Development and maintenance of dynamic BI Reports, dash boards and stories to different audiences.
- Develop and maintain efficient models within the BI framework
- Ensure that documentation is done according to internal BI rules and procedures.
- Test and validate all solutions.
- Feeding back information needs to BI team in order to ensure that data is available for reporting and statistics.
- Minimum of 6years'' relevant experience in Business Intelligence.
- Added with at least 5 years'' experience in any of Data Warehousing, Software Development Database Administration (DBA) or a combination of these:
- Knowledge & understanding of: Planning, designing and data architecting a business solution.
- Understanding and applying relevant data modelling with governance and best practices.
- Data warehouse Concepts and Techniques.
- Technical Documenting Business, Data Analysis and effective project management.
- Visualization tools.
- Strong Structured Query Language (SQL) with at least 2 years’ experience.
- Business Intelligence Suite, Cognos or Business Objects PowerBI, Qlik, tableau or any related tools.
- Strong database understanding.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills.
Please visit our website www.communicate.co.za to submit your CV directly or to view other I.T related jobs. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area! For more information, please call Mandisa Xulu on 087 ----- or email on --------Please upload your CV here-------->
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.