Our client, a top employer to thousands of talented people, is looking a Senior C++ Developer to join their team in Stellenbosch on a 12 month contract. The company offers extensive growth opportunities as well as the opportunity to work with a creative and dynamic team.
- Analysis & design of solutions that address
- Requested functionality
- Modular exploration of value added functional or product opportunities not obvious without an understanding of the application architecture
- Modular exploration of opportunities to deliver performance, stability or structural benefit
- Consideration of relevant functional changes active within SDLC
- Production of technical specifications that respond to the identified requirement, this as it applies to specific units or suites of code
- Technical specifications with meaningful work estimates
- Well-designed code, adhering to agreed programming standards, focused towards modularity and re-usability
- Analysis & design of unit and integration test methodology as it pertains to functional and performance evaluation phases
- Responsible for the delivery of solution, by way of code that addresses the stated requirement and adheres to structural and performance standards.
- Responsible for the support of deployed applications, as they manifest in the Production environment.
- Responsible for effective task management within the auspices of defined objectives and according to management reporting line.
- Responsible for effective communication within the auspices of defined objectives and according to management reporting line.
- Responsible for the adherence to, and maintenance of, SDLC policy and process.
- Modular responsibility for the identification and generation of recommendation where personal development is indicated or desired.
- Modular responsibility for the identification and generation of recommendation where rationalization or enhancement will provide benefit to the local unit.
- Modular responsibility to the technical development of junior programming resources
- Collaborate with architects, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs;
- Liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams;
- Actively partake in and contribute towards the longer term architectural and system roadmap, ensure changes introduced hold true to the roadmap;
- Contribute towards the constant improvement of the delivery stream, quality of output and methods of working (SDLC);
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders;
- Assist with the mentorship of more junior members of the team;
- Assist with building and developing the Business Analyst model in South Africa;
- Work with project managers to build accurate project plans and schedules, and then deliver as required;
- Work on a range of projects from smaller, enhancement projects to larger, long term strategic projects.
Required key skills (functional / technical)
- Ability to prove technical capability by way of passing Experian IS Development assessment, as and where appropriate
- Technical Analysis, Design or Evaluation, Test Methodology and Implementation plan.
- Effective management of own time allocation pertaining specifically to scheduled tasks.
- Early clarification of technical misconceptions.
- Escalation prior to mitigation of incidental or adhoc work requests.
- Effective identification and escalation of high risk threats to delivery or solution integrity
- IT related Diploma / Degree
- Minimum 4 years programming experience, of which a minimum of 3 years proven experience with MS Visual C++ (vs5 upwards.)
- Minimum 2 years programming experience with SQL and OBDC
- Minimum 2 years programming experience with OO practices
- Minimum 1 year Windows Threading experience
- Minimum 1 year Windows Messaging experience
- Minimum 1 year MFC experience