- Providing secretarial support to senior director
- General administrative assistance to junior director and other lawyers in the commercial department
- Assisting senior director with administering company responsibilities.
- Attending to all departmental administration, file opening/closing, file management, filing and telephone attendances
- Ensuring physical files are updated with all correspondence and documents, printing same and saving electronic versions to the folders
- Entering all directors’ and other department attorneys’ fees and disbursements into AJS accounts programme, updating Work In Progress system on regular basis
- Preparing monthly invoices on the AJS accounts programme and dealing with account queries, account reconciliations, collections, debtor reports and debt collecting
- Typing (digital dictation, copy typing and hand written notes) of correspondence, contracts, documents, agreements and opinions in relation to commercial transactions and High Court commercial litigation
- Preparing, amending and formatting agreements such as Shareholders Agreements, Memorandums of Incorporation, Sale Agreements etc
- Preparing, amending and finalising all High Court documents and notices, indexing, paginating and preparing Court bundles and briefing Counsel etc
- Diarising and adhering to all Court dates and deadlines.
- Liaising with clients and correspondents and assisting where appropriate
- Typing email correspondence in Microsoft outlook on behalf of director and junior lawyers
- Formatting existing documents and organising and saving documents in matter folders
- Maintaining director’s inbox in Microsoft outlook and dealing with general queries to maximise director’s time
- Coordinating and organising electronic diary in Microsoft outlook for director and junior lawyers
- Scheduling meetings and video/tele-conferences.
- Arranging for payment of all matter-related creditors, eg advocates, correspondents and sheriffs etc
- Maintaining and updating client contacts database in Microsoft outlook
- Registering and organising attendance at various seminars and training events
- Coordinating all travel requirements local and international, including flights, transfers, accommodation, visa applications, vaccinations etc
- 5 years’ experience in a law firm preferably in commercial legal environment
- Good knowledge of accounts administration and debtor management
- Fast and accurate typing skills - attention to detail
- Good knowledge of word and excel (experience with the AJS accounts programme an advantage)
- A team player with a good work ethic
- Great communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills -Must be able to prioritise tasks
- Previous work experience in commercial environment - Not negotiable
- Must be able to start immediately
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.