Do you have a deep understanding of insurance and financial data and how to combine multiple datasets across an organisation to solve a business problem? This trusted banking partner offers great benefits including: 25 days annual leave, preferential lending rates on loans and performance-based bonuses.
If you want to work in a collaborative environment where opportunities are offered, skills are stretched and excellence is rewarded, you might be exactly what we’re looking for.
- Honours Degree in IT, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or Actuarial science.
- Strong academic performance results.
- 3-10-year solid experience in executing data science projects and delivering financial value from project insights and deployed models.
- Experienced in model building and model deployment such as credit scoring, propensity to buy, propensity to lapse and behaviour- based risk measures (such as Telematics)
- Proficiency in coding for structured and unstructured Query languages e.g. SQL, Python, R, JSON, C#, Java, C++.
- Ability to create APIs.
- Apply data mining techniques and conduct statistical analysis to large, structured and unstructured data sets to understand and analyse phenomena.
- Model complex business problems
- Discovering insights and opportunities through statistical, algorithmic, machine learning and visualisation techniques, working closely with clients, data and technology teams to turn data into critical information used to make sound business decisions.
- Execute intelligent automation and predictive modelling.
- Provide data science guidance and capability, work closely with actuaries, data analysts, data engineers and product development to ensure effective data science capabilities.
- Collaborate with technology and project teams.
- Ability to code, test and maintain models within the technology architecture using best practices such as APIs.
- Creative approaches to feature engineering of transactional information, location information, behaviour-based information, product information, claims information and internal expense information.
- Using creative approaches to feature engineering of transactional information, location information, behaviour-based information, product information, claims information and internal expense information.
Reference Number for this position is KB48613 which is a Permanent position based in West Rand offering a cost to company salary of R1.1m to R1.2m PA negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Kavisha Bissessar on --------Please upload your CV here--------.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website <--------Please upload your CV here-------- for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
<--------Please upload your CV here--------