A national Accounting, Tax, Advisory and Assurance Consulting company is currently seeking a Senior Manager – Technical Accountant who is a Strong Technical Accountant with management experience and passionate Accounting with extensive IFRS experience to join their Gauteng Office.
Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage the entire Gauteng office
- Developing and upskilling staff
- Assisting staff with client accounts from a technical perspective (AFS and IFRS)
- The successful candidate must have previous Senior/ Management experience and extremely strong from a technical perspective and able to also take over financials for clients.
- Must have client facing experience
• Excellent knowledge of drafting and reviewing of financials in terms of IFRS for SMEs as well as consolidated annual financial statements.
Bookkeeping and Accounting:
• Monthly processing using Xero accounting software, supported by Receipt Bank.
• Support to clients on budgeting and forecasting.
• Preparation of client monthly customised management accounts on Spotlight Reporting, KPI’s and dashboards.
• Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet including debtors and creditor reconciliations.
• Preparation of fixed asset registers, amortisation schedules and other relevant schedules.
• Preparation of year end calculations and journals e.g. deferred tax.
• Drafting of Annual Financial Statements on Draftworx software to IFRS standards.
• Preparing Consolidated Annual Financial Statements on Draftworx to IFRS standards.
• Preparation of VAT reconciliations and completion and submission of VAT returns for purposes of the ITSD14.
• Preparation of PAYE reconciliations for purposes of the ITSD14.
• Support to the Tax team as required with the completion and submission of provisional tax and final income tax returns.
• Monthly payroll processing using PaySpace .
• Completion and submission of monthly payroll related returns (EMP201, UI-19 declarations).
• Completion and submission of annual payroll related returns (EMP501) reconciliation, issue IRPT/IT3(a) employee tax certificates, Workman’s Comp, Employment Equity reports).
• Client centric - liaising with clients and providing excellent client service at all times.
• Building relationships with clients and becoming a trusted business partner by adding value to them and/or their businesses
• Travelling to clients and service providers as required
• Support team on other service offerings during peak periods e.g. Statutory, Taxation, Advisory
• Maintaining accurate and up-to-date time records at all times.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Qualifications: B.Com in Accounting; Post Graduate qualifications (CA; AGA; RAA; ACCA).
• Experience: minimum of 5-years relevant experience in the above functions, preferably in a similar industry to our clients
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Office (with advanced excel), Xero, Receipt Bank, Draftworks, PaySpace, Spotlight Reporting.
• High levels of integrity.
• An excellent communicator who is able to positively influence clients and stakeholders.
• High attention to detail and ability to use own judgement.
• Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
• Self-starter and proven ability to work independently.
• High energy levels.
• Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment and manage stress effectively.
• Effective time management skills with ability to prioritise tasks.
• Well organised, systematic with good problem-solving skills.
• Good team player.