Minimum requirements for the role:
- Technical Qualification in Plastics or an NQF level 5 and upwards or related is essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ Injection Moulding experience within a Plastics Manufacturing or related plant is essential.
- Previous experience working within the plastic automotive injection moulding component manufacturing industry is essential.
- Must have good knowledge and an understanding of Injection Moulding processes and parameters.
- Must have a good understanding of Sequential Injection Moulding
- Good interpretation and communications skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Setting and maintaining Injection Moulding machines and ensuring that they run effectively and efficiently.
- Performing regular routine maintenance on Injection Moulding machines.
- Maintaining acceptable part quality and submitting samples for quality inspection and mould approval.
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes are within agreed process parameters.
- Regularly monitoring products to determine quality and adherence to specifications.
- Troubleshooting and finding solutions to problems with machines and ensuring maximum output.
- Ensuring that set targets are achieved and that deliverables are met.
- Compiling, implementing, updating and improving process and engineering documentation.
- Observing all safety and environmental procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Performing mould changes and adjusting the machinery during its operation as required.
- Minimising downtime during shifts and ensuring that changeovers are performed accurately and in a timeous manner.
- Maintaining good housekeeping and ensuring that all machinery and related tools are kept in a good working order.
Salary package, including benefits, is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.