PBT Group has an opportunity in the Insurance industry for a Senior Java Developer. The assignment is for a considerable programme of work, with challenging and exciting deliveries like Cloud (AWS), complex integration with multiple third-party system software, within an Agile delivery framework, etc.
As a senior developer you will be responsible for building Java, Gosu and React applications. Experience in the Gosu framework is not required, but a willingness to learn is.
The role is ideally suited for someone who could easily step into a Tech Lead or Solutions Architect role, from time-to-time.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Interpret specifications and interrogate to enable understanding
- Maintain existing applications
- Produce quality software according to specification
- Troubleshooting, defect tracking & defect resolution of programs within the application space
- Provide support to Test team, Analysts & other role players in the interest of getting the job done
- Document how to do things
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Java development environment and 3 years within a Scrum delivery framework.
- Java SE8 ++
- Object-relational-mapping -- Hibernate
- Unit Testing
- Producing clean code
- Code Refactoring
- Microsoft SQL Server database
- Experience working with queues (SQS or others)
- Software design patterns
- Doing code reviews
- Knowledge about microservice design
- Problem solving skills
- Conceptual and analytical thinker
- Good communication / interpersonal skills
- Action / results orientation
- Quality orientation
- Knowledge seeking / learning orientation
- Must have a positive attitude
- Have a strong desire / willingness to learn and to always improve
- Conduct must be professional at all times
- Must take ownership of tasks and be accountable
- Team player
- Get along well with others. Must be able to get the cooperation of people in other departments.
ADVANTAGEOUS COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Designing REST API’s
- Guidewire packages
- Gosu programming language
- Spring Framework (<--------Please upload your CV here--------)
- Cloud development (AWS)
- NoSQL, especially AWS DynamoDB
- Understanding TDD
- Good grasp of OO concepts and the implementation thereof
- Experience in the Financial Services industry would be advantageous
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.