A top tier international law firm is looking for a senior Corporate Commercial Attorney to take on the role of Senior Manager for one of the Corporate Commercial teams.
The Senior Manager will lead a Corporate Commercial team in the Johannesburg branch, working closely with international teams to grow and develop the team and strategy of the global business in South Africa. The Senior Manager will also be part of the senior management team in Johannesburg, helping to grow the wider South African offering.
- Scoping, pricing and setting-up new matters, briefing the team and supervising the team to ensure delivery/execution of matters on time and within budgets
- Co-ordinating business development activities for the Corporate practice in South Africa and attending client meetings, pitches and events and helping to expand in the South African market
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law, providing technical excellence across the corporate practice, as well as being responsible for the learning and developmental needs of the rest of the team
- Taking the lead in seeking to improve processes and offering innovative solutions to clients including enhancing legal service delivery through the use of legal technology tools
- Liaising with clients and teams elsewhere in the firm as required.
- Admitted Attorney
- 7+ years PQE in the corporate practice area (or equivalent)
- Proven experience of supervising and running a corporate team and experience across a name of corporate disciplines.
If you are an Admitted Attorney with at least 7 years corporate commercial experience looking to take the next step in your career, please apply today!