Senior Manager: Media Buying: Group Brand
Northern Suburbs, Cape Town
R1.1-1.2 mil pa
Close: 27 September 2019
- Role includes involvement in the overall management of the media value chain, with specific responsibility for the media and digital media strategies (and agencies).
- Will lead in driving a progressive media agenda and effectively optimising our media channel investment.
- Lead and leverage both internal and external partners, in developing media/channel strategies towards driving brand and business growth (traditional & digital).
- Develop and deliver identified KPIs supporting the overall business/marketing/communications plan.
- Embed best practice media planning and buying guidelines.
- Breakthrough innovation in media/channel strategy via execution of big ideas that generate high “talk ability” and engagement.
- Measure the effectiveness of media investment and optimise the brand communication/engagement/conversation based on insights from data analytics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- One or more of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts (Media or Communication Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Media or Communication Management)
- Diploma in Marketing (Media)
- Diploma in Media Studies
- At least 8 years media buying experience of which 3 years should be at management level - media agency
- Operationally in Digital for 5 years either agency or specialist
- Knowledge of use of media planning tools, administration of inventory buying and invoicing
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Deep Brand and Consumer understanding
- Excellent media buying skills (traditional and digital)
- Data interpretation leading to insights
- Own transport and in possession of a valid drivers licence.