Our client a leading retail group is seeking a Senior Planning to join their team in Cape town.
We have position available for a Senior Planner , as a Senior Planner you will be responsible for the Medicinal, External Health & FS Health Imports portfolio.
Purpose and Objectives
- You will need to ensure that the Merchandise budget supports business goals, introduce new products and exit slow movers effectively and ensure excellent customer availability from a highly efficient stock baseT
- To meet overall business objectives by developing category sales, gross profit and inventory plans (merchandise plans) based on the operating plan on an annual basis and review on an on-going basis.
- Translate the inventory flow plan into store specific allocations by setting the initial allocation quantities when launching products into the business to maximise stock efficiencies.
- Generate and collate information and then apply sound business thinking to provide the category team with insights to assist the team to plan and manage the category effectively.
- To incorporate the consensus demand forecast into the category plans (COP and financials) in order to achieve the agreed business stock objectives.
- Establish the analytical framework that drives the assortment that flows from the merchandise plans to ensure optimal assortments at the planned gross margins.
- Follow the promotions process and then provide insights based on the input from the demand planning system which adds value to the quantification process of the category promotional volumes.
- Follow the new line and launch process and then provide insights based on the analysis of the relevant information to add value to the quantification process of the category in order to launch new lines effectively into the chain.
- To contribute favourable to category and SIOP meetings and regularly review performance indicators, such as sales, inventory, operations and planning, keeping the business updated on financial performance versus market and plan.
- To prepare, report, and communicate sales, GP and inventory measurements, conduct post mortems on events to management (sales, inventory plan vs. targets).
- To collaborate with Category Planning to ensure top down forecast aligns with OTB forecast within the planning horizon .
Job Related Knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of planning process including stock flow and stock availability
- Knowledge of planning systems and variables
- Advanced Excel experience, building excel modelling files
- Knowledge of supply chain processes
- Knowledge of all merchandise functions - e.g., buying, supply chain
- Knowledge of financial planning
- Knowledge of assortment management and range reviews
- Knowledge of demand or supplier planning /forecasting
Job Related Skills
- Strong Financial/Business acumen with a merchant mind-set
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to build strong supplier relationships
- Competend in: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- Attention to detail
- Project management
- 4-6 years in FMCG retail or other related working environments as a Planner (Essential)
- Minimum 3 years demand or merchandise planning experience (Essential)
- Experience managing imports
- Degree or Diploma in supply chain, purchasing management or similar (Essential)
- Leading and Supervising
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Planning and Organising
- Adapting and Responding to Change
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.