Minimum requirements for the role:
- Tertiary qualification in Rubber or Chemistry or Polymer Sciences is essential.
- Must have strong Chemical knowledge.
- Previous Product Management experience having worked within the Rubber or Polymer or related manufacturing industries is essential.
- The successful candidate should have excellent analytical, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Must have a good understanding of IT concepts and integrated business applications.
- Must be able to understand the complete commercial pipeline and resolve issues in any area when needed to do so.
- Must have the ability to resolve complex issues and problems internally as well as externally.
- The successful candidate must have significant multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Must be able to work effectively cross-functionally and with other sites to achieve objectives.
- Must have sound chemical process knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to maintain external contacts with customers, consultants, associations and other companies for benchmarking and networking.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing key support for functional groups, including performing a variety of specialized clerical functions, such as compiling and arranging data, making computations, laying out and preparing reports, processing documents and maintaining specialized and comprehensive records as well as filing.
- Drafting and preparing statistical reports.
- Keeping abreast of current and future market trends as well as planning strategies based on market knowledge.
- Participating in the sourcing and costing of products.
- Executing supplier approval and vendor rating.
- Negotiating volumes, prices and contracts in accordance with the budget as well as implementing pricing strategies.
- Identifying new suppliers for potential strategic products and increasing the exclusive supplier business.
- Training the Sales department on product use.
- Ordering of stock and managing stock levels.
- Providing support to the Procurement department by compiling and submitting forecasts for the Sales team.
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices in the area of responsibilities.
- Adhering to company standard operating procedures and policies at all times as well as company Health and Safety procedures and reporting any incidents.
Salary package, including benefits, is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.