Senior Technology Delivery Manager (Human Resources & Workforce Management)
(Requires Senior Management experience & Significant understanding of all SAP HR Related modules)
Reports To: Portfolio Head: Retail & Functional Services
Jobs Reporting into the Role: x2 Delivery Leads (one workforce management lead and one HR systems lead)
To oversee and manage the delivery of all initiatives for the Human Resource and Workforce Management delivery unit. To effectively deliver the demand pipeline of projects, programmes, and product iterations required to develop and release IT services and features.
Main Accountabilities/Responsibilities Overall
- Oversee, and take ultimate accountability for the Human Resource and Workforce Management delivery unit, enabling it to effectively deliver through active sponsorship, leadership and business involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, cost and quality requirements.
- Accountable for providing project leadership,Business Engagement Manager, managing and coordinating the coherent activities needed to design, develop, and release services or service changes.
- Budgeting and managing actuals against the budget for the delivery unit.
- Manages and maintains the technology demand portfolio and facilitates appropriate processes & methods for prioritising demand under constraints of time and resources.
- Development of criteria and evaluation of inputs to aid both business and IT stakeholders to agree on the prioritisation of new or changed services.
- Accountable for breaking down requirements into work schedules, for all delivery styles (waterfall, agile, hybrids)
- Manages resource availability and resource scheduling across projects and Business As Usual activities, using appropriate tooling.
- Plans how new or changed services are transitioned into operations, coordinating with other functions to ensure organisational readiness for change. Technical planning for "go-live".
- Leads projects through delivery, using appropriate methodologies. Ensures delivery within sanctioned parameters and responsible for delivering objectives.
- Leads hybrid or agile teams in delivering iteratively, using an appropriate agile methodology. Coaches and leads teams to deliver on committed backlog.
- Using best practice methods and tools, ensures that programme/project risks and issues are appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated.
- Manages communication to all internal and external stakeholders on programmes and projects.
- Ensures visibility of IT resources, workloads, allocation, availability, and skills. Manages resource scheduling in the most optimal and efficient way possible.
- Manages budgets, costs and payments within the scope of a relevant programme/project for its successful delivery.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Business Engagement Manager to prioritize and provide status updates.
- To manage support activities within agreed SLAs
- Manage the relationships of relevant application suppliers to ensure delivery on work requests.
- Relevant Tertiary
- Certifications: e.g. Project Management Professional, MSP, PRINCE2, PMBOK and /or Agile related training (e.g. SCRUM, KANBAN/Waterfall/Hybrid or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5+ year’s business or technology management experience with a strong focus on Human Capital Management and Workforce Management.
- 5+ years of dedicated Project Portfolio & Programme Management
- Experience in the Delivery of large complex initiatives within an enterprise environment.
- ESSENTIAL: Management experience in leading teams responsible for SAP HR Modules: Payroll, Time, Benefits, Learning and Development, Personnel Administration, Remuneration, Recruitment, IR and Organisational Management.