- Establish and develop the safety culture
- Develop and manage the required performance metrics and network relationships to ensure the appropriate safety, service, quality and cost measures are achieved. Resolve quality, service, and cost issues
- Forecast demand and supply to ensure availability of materials, products and services
- Develop material/services costs forecasts or standard cost lists
- Develops goals and objectives of the supply chain function and procedures for the control of workflows
- Responsible for creating a lean supply chain environment and culture and focusing on operational process and procedural improvement and deployment of TPM
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and areas for improvement to achieve financial goals and drive performance and business results, making recommendations where appropriate
- Establish an annual budget with focus on reduction of year over year costs. Achieve or exceed those targets.
- Develop and deploy loss elimination strategies
- Establish other annual operating plans in line with Supply Chain strategy
- Communicates and reinforces site plans throughout the organization
- Manage third party manufacturing and logistics vendors. Work cross-functionally with procurement and logistics to evaluate performance of vendors to ensure they are meeting company needs
- Represent supply chain locations in new product introductions / acquisition integrations.
- Ensure that all locations are in compliance with all internal and external standards and legislation
- Create an environment in which associates can work safely and are focused on continued improvement
- Ensure communication of master pricing and service agreement to operating units
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet cost, quality and delivery requirements
- Ensure Supply Chain operations comply with corporate Code of conduct policies and provide ethical leadership
- Select, train, develop, retain and manage Supply Chain associates in line with company standards.
- Develop a robust succession plan to support organizational development and ensure all key reporting positions have an identified successor
- Build and maintain clear communication and relationships with all relevant internal (e.g. Divisions & Functions) and external stakeholders to proactively avoid and resolve quality and service issues
- Proactively participate in the Sales, Operations and Planning process
- Manage existing fixed assets and implement approved CARs.
- Reevaluate distribution and product sourcing networks and vendors to ensure best service and quality at a competitive price.
- Generate and implement ideas that improve quality indicators, in line with cost, investment and service goals.
- Develop a long term and annual strategic plan for Sub-Saharan Africa and translate these strategies into actionable plans at the plants and functional levels
- Assess the overall technical capabilities of each individual plant – and suggest new product and service options to the Sub-Saharan Africa leadership team in order to capitalize on each plants technical core competencies and leverage total potential capacity
- Bachelor''s degree in Engineering, Science, or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in supply chain management including the following:
- Knowledge of ERP systems and supply chain planning tools
- Ability to plan and organize effectively to meet the demands of the business
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to effectively work in a matrixed environment, collaborating with region, divisional and functional leaders
- Results Orientation: The successful candidate will have exhibited the ability work in a multi-cultural environment, being able to drive results in an effective manner for each country. S(he) will be expected to introduce new solutions and methods to existing performance issues that result in sustainable best-in-class outcomes and leading-edge operational standards.
- Change Leadership: The successful candidate will have successfully engaged, motivated and energized large, disparate organizations to introduce and implement dramatic, high-impact actions to drive aggressive operational and financial performance improvement. A “hands on” operating style and a passion for working tirelessly to build support for key change initiatives will be a key success factor in this role.
- Team Leadership: The successful candidate will create a sense of team ownership and urgency within the organization. S(he) will create a strong results-driven, accountable culture focused on delivering project results. Individual development plans will need to be created and implemented to ensure the quality of the team’s resources improves over time.
- Supply chain management in operating lines or functional roles
- Plant operational management experience
- Experience implementing S&OP
- Cross-functional project or program management experience
- Experience working with multinational companies
- Experience in organizing an efficient supply chain operation applying LEAN manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- MBA or master’s degree in Engineering, Science or related field
- Understand and practice Company and Customer safety policies and procedures
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.