A large enterprise is looking for its first Senior / Lead iOS developer and hopes to find an individual who possess a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits.
Your Deep specialised knowledge of systems development & testing combined with mobile customer applications will be a key success factor. Your collaborative technical guidance and mentorship will ensure a high quality of code and performance is maintained. You will foster a high performing mobile team and work closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts and Solutions architects and other cross functional teams and stakeholders in co-creating sustainable mobile experiences.
Configuration and creation of technical components and services required to deliver online customer facing features.
- Design, build and maintain the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Analyze and understand business and customer requirements in the context of the current business environment and future opportunities.
- Set up and maintenance of the technical infrastructure.
- Develop and document design and maintain the source base.
- Create conceptual, logical, and physical solutions, using appropriate coding techniques and methodologies.
- Identify and implement suitable coding solution(s) and alternatives that address the business needs/requirements of key stakeholders from the business, solution delivery and operations areas to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Adhere to standard coding practices and maintain development principles and quality compliance criteria to deliver according to commitments.
- Integrate design for maintainability, scalability, and efficiency.
- Coordinate with Architects and business stakeholders to determine functionalities.
- Complete deliverables throughout the system development life cycle for compliance according to an agreed plan.
- Work within the frameworks of Agile (SCRUM) methodologies.
Successful delivery of development projects and changes as required
- Work as part of a team without close supervision.
- Facilitate networks and work closely with external agencies and other third-party suppliers to provide input to design to ensure technical viability.
- Complete deliverables throughout the system development lifecycle for compliance according to agreed plan.
- Work within the framework Agile methodologies and/or other agreed cross-functional team ways of working
- Ensure a thoughtful and clear understanding of program and project goals and needs through thorough engagement with different stakeholders.
- Perform adequate project risk assessments by considering all technical and other interdependencies Identify and prioritise of project risks.
- Setup best practices and processes for new team inclusive of defining and performing code reviews.
- Detect critical deficiencies and recommend improvements.
Provide technical input and guidance into online channel evolution by keeping up to date with relevant technology.
- Provide active technical advice to the team, IT, and other business stakeholders.
- Play a leading role in maintaining best of breed development standards for technologies and solutions.
- Research, understand and stay up to date with current trends in Information Technology and specifically lead the technical competency within your area of expertise.
- Actively share insights and information with relevant stakeholders and team.
Guidance, Mentoring and coaching the development team
- Provide technical leadership in DSL to team, identify knowledge and skills gaps and actively devise learning strategies to develop the team as required including areas such as new DSL, business awareness, problem solving.
- Inspire the team to take accountability for their technical delivery and participation in the full IT team and foster an open environment that seeks to receive and provide regular feedback at individual, team and management levels.
- Extensive, relevant, and demonstrable job-related experience in DevOps and iOS Mobile Application Development
- Experience in general software development, testing and standards development. Including the practical ability to develop applications using multiple programming languages, frameworks, and technologies such as: Objective-C, Swift, Cocoa Touch frameworks and Hybrid Mobile Development (React Native).
- Experience in a senior developer role with specific exposure to mentoring and coaching a team of developers
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Solid experience using Interface builder with exposure to SwiftUI (not essential)
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and Interface guidelines.
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
- Any additional experience in technical solutions support with exposure to both waterfall and agile projects in DevOps with the Agile/Scrum Tool set, preferably Atlassian would be highly beneficial