• Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
• Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively.
• Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients.
• Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
• Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
• Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
• Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
• Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
• Minimise system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimisation of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
• Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
• Maintain maximum system availability by ensuring that incidents are recorded for future reference and adequate root cause analysis is done to eliminate the risk of a recurrence.
• Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop technical and business skills.
• Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner.
• Supervises the work of other developers. Provides technical assistance to fellow developers and other Information Technology (IT) team members.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum: B. Com, B. Eng., BSC Eng., BSC Informatics or related degree.
• 5 years + experience in programming and system design.
• Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
• System Design experience advantageous.