SENIOR METALLURGICAL ANALYST
Purpose of the job:
Provide metallurgical and technical support to the plant management teams on the in various operations located in the Limpopo province.
- Support the over operations management of processing plant, and ensure effective technical operations within the defined processing recipes.
- Assist with implementation of and maintaining technical standard and procedure in plant.
- Perform metallurgical test work and initiate technical projects.
- Lead and participate in some process design and commissioning activities as may be required.
- Production debottlenecking and troubleshooting as well as cost optimization.
- Responsible for adequate monitoring and timely reporting of production quantity and quality parameter, metal accounting and performance data collating.
- Ensuring adherence to the company health and safety standards.
- Good employee relations and effective people management.
- Form part of a growing technical department team on the organizations eastern operations.
- Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering Degree or Btech degree.
- Post graduate qualification.
Experience and requirements:
- 7-12 years post qualification experience on PGM plants and project compulsory.
- Plant processing knowledge on PGM floatation.
- Chrome recovery plant experience.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good computer literacy, administration and housekeeping skills are essential.
- Possession of a valid certificate of fitness valid driver’s license.
- Team player.
- Self-managed, self-motivated, enthusiastic individual.
- Natural leader with good communication skills.
- Reside close proximity of Steelpoort/Burgersfort area or relocate.
- Prepared to perform routine official stand-by duties as may be required.
- Prepare to relieve as production superintendent and plant manager if required.