Reports to: Product Line Manager.
Primary purpose: Directly responsible for Business Development and Sales in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) territory for the process technology and equipment of the group.
Travel requirements: Ability to travel without restrictions
Role & Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Conducts and is responsible for process design, equipment sizing based on customer requirements with support of the local team and the competence centres abroad.
- Co-ordinate bench scale and pilot scale test work with local team or at the competence centres abroad leading to a techno-commercially suitable proposal.
- Supports the tender preparation and leads presentation and the follow-up, aiming contract negotiations, including review of customer specification and preparation of detailed list of process, mechanical and commercial deviations with support of the local team and the competence centres abroad.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of proposal drawings and engineering deliverables with engineering department to meet tendering time schedule (with the support of the team and the competence centres abroad).
- Advises management on process requirements, performance tests and guarantees.
- Responsible for review of handover documents to project management.
- Responsible for review of operating manuals, performance test procedures.
- Responsible for review and clarification of control philosophy documents.
- Process commissioning including performance trials and mechanical completion, prepares commissioning and final handover reports and client liaison after start-up with the support of the team locally and the competence centres abroad.
- Ensure our outstanding customer service functions continue to offer the best in quality service.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and effective working relationships.
- Proactively suggests and evaluates new applications and new products.
- Leverage/coordinate business opportunities as required with other responsible Engineers/ experts in the region and from abroad.
- Participate in budget planning and forecasting
- Implement marketing plans, evaluation of new applications and new products.
- Visit customers and generate leads from new contacts.
- Generate new enquiries, sales leads, new client acquisition and managing the present client base.
- Report on status of sales leads and enquiries for the designated territory or client base.
- Review and approve costing and estimating of company products and services.
- Lead/present projects to the risk board as per company procedure (for final approval).
- Proactively promote company image (liaison with customers, suppliers and media).
- Exhibition work, attend seminars.
- Recognize and understand customer needs and anticipate sales opportunities.
- Provide good communication internally and externally to our customers, internal stakeholders and the industry.
- Consistently meet deadlines and follow through to successful completion of tasks.
- Provide technical support to other parts of the organization, and its agents.
- Report on quality problems and improvement ideas.
- Proactively promote spares sales and service and maintenance contracts in association with the aftermarket department.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of the Mining and Minerals Processing industry
- Technical Aptitude for minerals processing technology and equipment
- Ability to follow up and follow through with short and long term planning
- Ability to lead people and get results through others
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be a team player, willing to continuously and proactively collaborate and share information
- Must have well rounded engineering skills and be capable of interacting with engineering disciplines
- Proven customer sales skills
- Must be capable to lead and coordinate a multi-functional proposal team for the preparation and follow up of offers with high technical and commercial complexity
- Must have a thorough understanding of project execution
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar role
- Prior working experience in the South African and SSA mining / minerals processing industry
- Must have a relevant qualification in Mineral Processing/Chemical/Metallurgical/ Mechanical Engineering
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in marketing and sales are essential.
- Proven industrial experience, including mineral processing and/or solid/liquid separation and/or hydrometallurgy
- Must be familiar with applicable codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices - technical as well as commercial, etc.
- Must be capable of interacting with peers, project managers, site managers and clients
- Must have proven track record of accomplishments as a Process Engineer on industrial projects and be capable of working in a team of engineers, designers and support personnel
- Possess excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Project
- Ability to travel without restrictions
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa, preferably a Professional Engineer
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Put in required hours/efforts to meet job requirements
- Must be fluent in English language - verbal and written, a further language - common in the territory - would be beneficial.
Our client brings together a unique source of equipment supply and engineering and project management services for the production of the full range of minerals and metals. Integrated solutions are provided through well-established wholly owned brand leaders in the industry.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.