Position Purpose Statement
- The role will report directly to the Operations Executive and will be a member of the Extended Leadership Team.
- People management & capability, coaching, development, talent retention & performance management.
- Commercial, tactical and operational execution.
- Direct accountability for the execution of planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes, including food quality and safety.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position will be responsible for, inter alia, the following:
- Participate in the establishment and execution of the overall objectives and initiatives of operations, aligned with company objectives and strategies.
- Leading the day-to-day operations to ensure optimal production throughput and quality.
- Implement HSE systems on the production line, drive safety culture and deliver HSE KPIs.
- Execute role in accordance with administrative policies, procedures, and standards for department, aligned with company standards, for the manufacture of high quality food products.
- Work with the quality department to monitor the various aspects of food processing to ensure final product meets set specifications, including compliance with international standards.
- Assist in the process for hiring, orientation and training of technical and non-technical food manufacturing personnel.
- Implement organizational and operational changes on an operative level.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external food production regulations and legislation.
- Lead continuous improvement and business development initiatives in the production and greater supply chain environment.
- Participate in preparing and managing budgets and forecasts.
- Analyse budgets and continuously control production costs and identify/rectify waste measures.
- Set production objectives and implement action plans for achieving set targets.
- Execute multiple high impact initiatives to achieve overall organisation goals.
- Lead and direct a team, develop team and individuals, evaluate performance.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Language Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in food science, food technology, or manufacturing engineering, or in a similar discipline.
- Strong Computer Literacy, Numeracy and Analytical Skills
- Must be Customer Centric
- Excellent Inter Personal Relationships and Communication Skills
- Must be Self-Motivated, Disciplined, Ethical and Confident
- Excellent Organisational and Work Planning Skills
- Must be able to Build Relationships and Influence People on Different Levels
- Attention to Detail, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Results Driven
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Team Work, Conflict Management and Performance Leadership.
- Time Management and Decision Making
- Adaptability and Change Management
- 5 years Functional Experience - Knowledge and Experience in Production and Manufacturing Processes and Techniques
- 5 years Leadership Skills (+/- 150 indirect staff)
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and Standards, i.e. HACCP and BRC
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Standards and Compliance
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Techniques
- Knowledge of Human Resource Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of Business, Basic Finance and Management Principles
- Basic Knowledge of Machines and Equipment
- Basic Knowledge of Engineering and Technology Principles and Practices
Please contact --------Please upload your CV here--------