Investment Guarantee Specialist
An exciting opportunity exists within the Corporate Segment Actuarial Finance team to deliver the financial reporting and provide related business.
You will work in a small team to deliver the financial and capital reporting, from an Investment Guarantee Reserve (IGR) perspective for the relevant corporate books.
There will be regular interaction with the product team to support the take-on of new products and changes to existing products.
This role offers the opportunity to obtain insight into the key financial drivers of corporate products, link metrics, extract insights for business consideration and build on existing stochastic modelling expertise.
It will also provide exposure to IFRS17 and offer the opportunity to shape reporting under this new regime.
Financial & Risk Reporting:
- Ensure that valuation and capital reporting are produced accurately, within agreed deadlines and with appropriate supporting commentary.
- Ensure that capital calculations (Internal, SAM and Economic Capital) are produced accurately and on time.
IFRS 17 Implementation:
Be involved in the IFRS 17 project and the transition of reporting into BAU.
- Ensuring processes and models are efficient, robust and fit for purpose and ensuring the control environment is adequate and effective.
- Supporting the delivery of relevant projects objectives, as and when these arise
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Newly or nearly qualified actuary
- In case of an exam lag, significant relevant experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years’ actuarial experience
- Actuarial Finance experience would be an added advantage.
- Strong technical skills, in particular experience with C# and stochastic modelling, will stand you in good stead.
- Motivated self-starter
- Shows initiative and able to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to complete tasks within agreed timelines with minimal guidance
Attention to detail, excellent people skills and ability to work in a team will give you the competitive edge