• To manage a restaurant in accordance with Restaurant’s Policies and Procedures.
• To maximize restaurant sales and profitability by effective deployment of labour, assets and production costs.
• To maintain excellence in the execution of all duties.
• To focus on exceeding customer expectations.
• To focus on developing and training staff, as well as to providing negative and positive reinforcement, and to recognize and reward superior performance.
• To maximize the profitability of the restaurant by monitoring food, packaging and labour costs as well as controllable expenditure to ensure that these are in line with established targets.
• Ensure that all restaurant resources, i.e. Labour, product, supplies, tills and equipment are at correct levels to meet the various volumes of business.
• Ensure that all cash handling and in-restaurant banking procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Do a daily, weekly and monthly stock check in the restaurant.
• To ensure that the correct level of supplies are ordered, deliveries checked and that stock levels are monitored on a daily and weekly basis and any discrepancies fully investigated and reported.
• To prepare the weekly labour schedules in advance and to ensure all shifts are properly staffed and that labour costs are in line with the budget.
• To ensure that the mix of staff recruited in no way conflicts with the Company’s non-discriminatory policy.
• To ensure that all staff receive a comprehensive induction and are correctly trained to perform those tasks assigned to them and that they are actively encouraged to progress through the training program.
• To provide development for staff and to ensure that succession planning is carried out to ensure full management of the restaurant.
• To ensure that the Policies and Procedures are followed to minimize employee relations issues within the restaurant.
• To action recruitment and termination payroll change documentation and to forward these updates to the HR Department.
• To coordinate, hold and record monthly staff meetings to discuss various issues which affect the restaurant/team.
• To ensure that all restaurant staff and management are fully trained in fire procedures, health, safety and food hygiene practices as well as security and robbery procedures.
• To ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly administration is completed accurately in line with procedures.
• To ensure that accurate operating reports are kept.
• Ensure that standards are in accordance with HACCP.
• Ensure that the Safety, Health and Hygiene standards are in accordance with statutory regulations. • To carry out Local Store Marketing activities as authorized by the Regional Operations Manager.
• To monitor all local competitor activity and any local activities - this may affect the volume of business.
• To coordinate the implementation of in-store promotions and ensure that all staff is fully briefed in advance of promotions.
• To monitor operating practices and to action any problems identified.
• Demonstrate belief in people by treating each person in the restaurant fairly and with respect.
• Recognize individuals frequently and encourages them to recognize each other.
• Coach and support staff and ensure that they are fully trained and on job training is effective.
• Demonstrate team work by helping staff and management with their work, cross training them, effectively resolving their concerns and holding regular team meetings.
• Hire, develops and promotes restaurant staff in consultation with Area / Regional manager.
• Administer progressive discipline as needed, ensures compliance with all statutory regulations
• Grade 12 / NQF 4
• 2 years Restaurant Manager
• Credit worthiness (ITC check)
• Micros /GAAP POS – 3 years’ experience
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.