TECHNICAL SPECIALIST: SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Exciting opportunity at one of South Africa's leading universities, University of Cape Town!
Are you an experienced Software Developer? Do you have project management experience in a progressive ICT environment, with a strong customer focus and a demonstrable track record of innovative thinking, project-based delivery and productive interactions across multiple teams? UCT’s Enterprise Infrastructure and Services Division is looking to employ a skilled and dedicated Software Developer with strong experience in building applications and APIs, while having a flair for UX/UI.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits, is R578574 to R680673 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications. NON NEGOTIABLE
- Free tuition for whatever you would like to study
- 90% on tuition for your direct family members
- Annual increase
- If not based in Cape Town, relocation costs are covered
- Develop infrastructure and services through project work.
- Design, maintain and manage business-critical systems and infrastructure service components.
- Provide highly specialized support for developed systems and infrastructure service components.
- Provide technical leadership for one or more systems and/or infrastructure service components.
- A qualification at NQF level 7 in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Seven years’ experience as a Software Developer of which, at least 5 years must be current and relevant.
- Proficient in at least two of the following technologies; Java, C#, Python, NodeJS, PHP.
- Experience in writing tests (e.g. unit tests).
- Experience in multi-processing/multi-threading.
- Experience in API development and systems integration.
- Experience with XML, JSON and relational databases.
- Experience with Linux shell or Windows PowerShell.
- Experience with infrastructure automation (e.g. Ansible).
- Solid experience with git.
- Proven understanding of the software development life-cycle, project management principles and methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Practical knowledge of one or more of the following; data visualization, pipeline development and cloud infrastructure integration.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence implementations.
- Containerisation (e.g. Docker).
- DevOps with Gitlab.